Does USAA not allow more than one account to be associated with Last Pass?  I have Power of Attorney for my parents and logged in to my dad's USAA account to print their insurance policies and added the account to Last Pass.  However, when I then went to go to my USAA account to pay bills, USAA would not allow me to login.  I had to delete my dad's USAA information from Last Pass before I could access my USAA login.  Our family is starting to use Last Pass for all of our accounts and this is the first time that we have had a problem like this.  We have not had any problems with Fidelity, Ally Bank, Capital One, American Express, Bank of America, CitiBank, or our MyChart (medical records) accounts - all of these accounts have separate logins either for my husband and me or my mom and my dad.  Again, the only problem seems to be with USAA - double sigh!!

4 REPLIES

Hi, @NSueZ. Being a financial services organization, security and web encryption are ever more important to be cognizant of as we progress further with technology. The USAA website and app uses its own multi-factor authentication method, thus multiple login steps are required whenever a member signs in. While I can understand the convenience of using the type of product you mentioned using, especially if you're managing several accounts, their product and its compatibility with our website and/or apps would be up to their developer. Thus, I would recommend checking with their support team directly. Furthermore, please feel free to connect with our Web Support team at 877-632-3003 to see if they may be knowledgeable on the subject as well. We appreciate you reaching out. ~ Steven

@ wrote:

Does USAA not allow more than one account to be associated with Last Pass?  I have Power of Attorney for my parents and logged in to my dad's USAA account to print their insurance policies and added the account to Last Pass.  However, when I then went to go to my USAA account to pay bills, USAA would not allow me to login.

Since I don't use Last Pass, not fully sure how it functions (other than it stores passwords on its servers).  But, would speculate that it is more of a Last Pass issue than a USAA issue.  USAA (nor any web site, for that matter) can't be expected to always function the way you want when using software the site coders didn't develop or collaborate with the designers of that software. There may always be issues. I have used 1Password since its initial launch. While I have never had any trouble logging into USAA and accessing multiple accounts, I have each account set up in 1Password with its own credentials. When I hit the USAA log-in page, I just select the correct set of log-in credentials. All my accounts are set up to utilize user name, password and PIN (instead of txt or email for multi-factor authentication). Have never had a problem ... as the log in screens themselves should have nothing to do with what credentials are supplied ... as long as they are supplied correctly for a particular account. So, it would seem, the problem is really with Last Pass and you should address this with them. That said, and like I indicated, glitches happen. There are sites I frequent where 1Password does not function as it should ... with respect to automatically entering credentials. In those cases, I need to copy and paste them manually. I don’t put blame on the site ... I just pass this information on to the developers of 1Password so they can investigate why it is happening.

I will check with LastPass but I do understand about having multiple logins with the same institution and understand the need to select the correct creditials.  I have had no problems at all with any other company that we have multiple logins (e.g. Fidelity, Chase, Ally, Capital One).  In fact, I had my expert daughter look at what was going on and she could not make sense of it.  I am willing to look into this both with LastPass and with USAA, but I will say that of all the accounts that our family has, we have had the most "computer" problems with USAA.  In fact, I no longer can deposit checks using the app with no explanation from USAA and help from my very tech savvy children (and yes we called and yes we uninstalled and reinstalled the app etc).  I finally gave up and used my trusty car to deposit the checks at our local brick and mortar bank.  

@NSueZ, I am sorry to hear about the continued issues experienced with USAA. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with our team. Thank you. - Rhonda