Highlighted
Contributor

I am not happy that USAA once again sent me a refund credit check when I explictly did not request one. It is simply a waste of my time and money, and USAA's time and money. 

As of 02-21-20 I got notice there was $29.68CR on my USAA Auto Insurance. This refund was NOT an over-payment but a refund for being a good driver. Great! I like that. But on that 02-21-20 bill showing the $29.68CR "credit", it clearly states, 

"At this time you do not have any amount owed. An Account credit on one or more of your policies is being held pending account activity. If you would like the account credit sent to you please contact us."

I don't want the credit sent to me! I want the "credit" applied to my next bill as a "credit". If I wanted it sent to me, I would have followed your instructions and contacted you. 

Why give me the option if you are going to ignore me? It is much more convenient for me to just have my next bill credited with that amount. Now I have to visit my band to deposit or cash this check. Know when the last time I actually visited my bank? Last year when you again ignored my wishes to actually "credit" my account. :(

I do appreciate the refund. But if you are going to give your members options, how about following their wishes?

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

@BillBNe, thank you for your membership and trusting USAA with your insurance needs.  I definitely can understand your concerns about being sent a check and having to go and deposit.  I'd be happy to help review your preferences or if you have a moment, please log into USAA.com to review your insurance preferences.  ~ Marco

That is the first (and second) thing I did. Under My Profile and Preferences > Dividends & Distributions, it says my Subscriber's Account distributions is set to, "Apply to my auto and property insurance bill". 

I just ran through it again and submitted it again. 

Is there more than one place to set this preference? 

Highlighted

Thank you @BillBNe for going in to review your preference's for future disbursements.  I am not sure why it was sent out to you in a mail check.  Do you remember when you previously changed it?  If it was done after December of 2019, it may have not been received in time.  However, since you have gone online and updated your preferences, you should be good from here.  ~ Marco

Highlighted

I don't remember ever previously changing it because if I did, it was likely 25+ years ago. I have not made any changes to my accounts or policies in years. And for years, these credits were automatically applied to my next bill. It is only in the last couple I received checks instead. 

Any way, hurry up and wait until next year to see how it goes. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted

You're welcome, BillBNe. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your membership - Nick