where is the link to have an old creditor removed from my credit history

Highlighted
twiggy617
Contributor

I applied for a home loan today and was told I had a slow pay against my credit that was 7 years old and I should be able to get it removed. I was told that USAA had a service for this but I'm having trouble finding it. can anyone help me?

Most Helpful

Hi @twiggy617, I am sorry that your finding it difficult to find the Credit Monitoring service. It is about to get a make over. You can initiate a credit reporting dispute by going to the credit agencies and submitting directly to them. The service is called Credit Monitoring if you wish to see if it is still available. If not, it is down for a bit. I hope that helps. ~ Suzy

3 REPLIES

Hi @twiggy617, I am sorry that your finding it difficult to find the Credit Monitoring service. It is about to get a make over. You can initiate a credit reporting dispute by going to the credit agencies and submitting directly to them. The service is called Credit Monitoring if you wish to see if it is still available. If not, it is down for a bit. I hope that helps. ~ Suzy

Thank You

Hello @twiggy617, if there is anything being reported to your credit report that is outdated or inaccurate, you will need to contact the credit bureau and file a dispute. This can be done by accessing that particular credit bureau's website directly, locating the incorrect transaction to dispute. Thank you. ~ Lori C