My accounts were closed for lack of a W9, and signature card

Highlighted
Gabby5
Contributor

Navy Federal is my main bank, with USAA being the backup where I store my gas money and school savings. So I was not paying attention to any alerts of this before my card was declined while trying to get gas and I found my accounts were closed. I have my W9 but I don't know what a signature card is, how can I find and sign it?

Once that is done what is required of me to reopen my account, do I simply send in my documents and wait, or can I even reopen my account? 

Most Helpful

@Gabby5, I am sorry you missed all the notifications. You can open a new account. The previous account can not be re-opened. You can do so on usaa.com. Let us know if you need any assistance. Here are the instructions to open on usaa.com

Form My USAA:

1. Select the Products tab.
  2. From the Banking section, select Checking Account, Savings Account or Certificate of Deposit.
  3. Select Get Started.
  4. Follow the prompts to open an account.

~ Suzy

3 REPLIES

@Gabby5, I am sorry you missed all the notifications. You can open a new account. The previous account can not be re-opened. You can do so on usaa.com. Let us know if you need any assistance. Here are the instructions to open on usaa.com

Form My USAA:

1. Select the Products tab.
  2. From the Banking section, select Checking Account, Savings Account or Certificate of Deposit.
  3. Select Get Started.
  4. Follow the prompts to open an account.

~ Suzy

I had $200 or something similar in that account, will this get transferred to my new account? 

@Gabby5  I replied in private. ~ Suzy