@Dukes mom, I've replied to your first post. From the main USAA page you would go to My Tools then Pay Bills. Please let me know if I can further assist you. Thank you. - Rhonda

I checked the mobile app, computer, and called on the phone and all says I don't have any accounts in USAA.

I called and spoke with a representative - all of our accounts are missing too. They said something has happened with their system and they are working to fix it. I got the impression that they are hoping it will be fixed by the end of the day but they couldn't give me a time frame.

how did you get a representative -- all I got was a recording saying to call back on Monday

We are aware some members are experiencing intermittent issues accessing their accounts on USAA.com and on mobile. We are aggressively working to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.  -Meredith

Looking at our account information, and our accounts are not displaying at all. It's as if they didn't exist--no information can be found regarding them. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Yes mine is gone too. All my banking and credit car info is gone, only my auto insurance appears. Have you found out what has happened?

Same thing -- I have only a credit card account, but it's not displaying. But it's not a website issue -- when I call in to get a balance, it tells me I have no accounts, so it's a data issue that's affecting both phone and website access. (Maybe they'll lose my balance and I won't have to pay them back. :) )

mine are gone too. checking, savings, credit card. all missing. called them, automated system says i have no banking accounts. what the eff?

Same as everyone. Checking gone but insurance shows.  Tried to call but offices are closed. I messaged the USAA Facebook page but no answer as of yet.