Breadcrumb Trail:

Announcements
Discuss topics related to selling a home. Share wisdom if you have recently sold a home or share your tips and knowledge related to getting your home prepared to put on the real estate market, staging or tips to hiring contractors to complete home projects. Off topic discussions or comments will be moved to the appropriate thread. Product or service issues will be redirected to an appropriate channel. Product reviews should be entered on the appropriate product page. Note: Commercial advertisements are not allowed will be removed per our Community Moderation Guidelines.
Highlighted

For sale by owner

For sale by owner

csutt86's avatar User  csutt86  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

During a meeting with several real estate agents, my wife and I were astounded by the amount of OUR hard earned equity we would be giving to the real estate agent to sale our home. I am looking into selling the home myself, and was wondering if anyone has done this, and what paperwork would i need? Is there a checklist? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Re: For sale by owner

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

csutt86, I understand that you are looking for advice on selling a home. I recommend the advice section on our website to review the "Buying and Selling" details.  You will locate articles that contain various home selling tools and helpful checklist information. ~Thank. you. Celeste

Re: For sale by owner

Trunnion's avatar User  Trunnion  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Celeste,

I have the same question as the initial post of this thread.  Your advice takes me right back here.  I see no meaningful additional information pertaining to a FSBO checklist or things to consider.  I would normally not hav ean issue for a commission to someone that actually did the work, but she/he only gets 1.5% of the 6%.  The commission fee actually pays the buyer's agent and the brokergae who are working against me. I am interested in a discussion on the legal issues involved with the contarcting phase.  I understand the settlement company deals with the minutia after that.

Thanks,

Trunnion

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up