Prestigious Contributor

Please provide me the name, address, and phone number of the government agency that oversees how USAA and Nationstar handle our mortgages.  I have tried in good faith to resolve an issue and USAA/Nationstar have not really answered my questions and in fact more questions are raised.  USAA did not get back to me "as promised" on this very website about one month ago and I am frustrated.    USAA/Nationstar took an issue that could have been resolved in about 2 weeks and we are now going on about 5 months. 

Note to all USAA members -   I would highly recommend that you do not use USAA to finance or refinance your homes.  The actual process of refinancing was incredibly disorganized (it should have been a no brainer for us - we have a net worth of appr $4M, my husband has made a 6 figure salary for over 20 years, and we were only refinancing for $200K - USAA said that they did not even need to see the assets outside of our USAA accounts to be approved for the loan but they could never find the paperwork that we had sent to them, then faxed to them and then refaxed to them).  The move to Nationstar resulted in late statements and our information not being reported to the credit bureaus. I am tired of dealing with this constant situation and most importantly, the condescending attitude of the staff of the Executive Office or whatever they call themselves.   

59 REPLIES

NSueZ,

We realize this matter is important to you and regret to hear of the service you encountered in the handling of your mortgage.  This level of service is certainly not what we want for our members.  Your concerns and comments are important to us and will be reviewed further.  Thank you for allowing us to help remedy your experience. ~Thank you. Celeste

@Celeste   I am not looking for a remedy - I am looking for the name of the governmental agency that oversees the handling of mortgages as well as their address and phone number. It is that simple.  USAA has had plenty of time and opportunity to work this out.  There is no reason why you cannot provide this information to me without creating more frustration. 

https://www.occ.treas.gov/  They may be able to assist you.

Hey - You might remember me from a month ago. I never received an email, I never received a PDF. I have paid my escrow every month. And now - after Nationstar paid my 2016 escrow in November of 2016 - I have gotten a county real estate tax bill. Why would they have changed it? Where did I request it? Out of the blue. NO ONE COULD HAVE MADE THIS CHANGE BUT THE MORTGAGE COMPANY.

In the 24 years that I have had a loan on this home (all with USAA changing companies) I have never even seen a county real estate tax bill. Now can you please shake a tree over there at Nationstar and get this handled in less than a month?

How can Nationstar be the company that we must put up with. This is their doing. 

The real estate tax bill that I have been sending Nationstar escrow money for is due June 5.

I need turn around on this problem before the close of the week. 

To file a complaint about a bank with the US Department of the Treasury - this is the full url:

https://www.helpwithmybank.gov/complaints/index-file-a-bank-complaint.html

Useful information for those of us with a Nationstar mortgage.

DCGooz, thanks for posting on our Member Community site. Your concerns are important to us and I'm engaging my colleague to address your concerns. -Paula

NSueZ, 

I appreciate you following up. We’re aware of your concerns. I will have someone reach out to you as soon as possible. ~Thank you. Celeste

@Celeste - I do not want someone "to reach out to me".  I want you to post the information on this site.  I already spoke to someone at Nationstar today who is going to provide of timeline of what has happened with our account - it will be done within the week. He at least seemed concerned about losing our business.  Just post the information on this website.  I know that you have the abiliity to obtain the information.  If you are unable to provide it, then just say so.  That in itself will speak VOLUMES. 

NSueZ,

I appreciate your patience as we looked into your concerns. We are appreciative of your 30 years of membership, and your feedback and business mean a lot to us. We regret to hear that you’ve had poor experiences recently and we appreciate you allowing us to speak with you on the phone over the last few months to help correct the issues.  There are several government agencies which oversee financial institutions, including USAA. We are happy to give you a call to discuss your concerns further or help to resolve any other outstanding issues. Again, we appreciate your long membership with USAA and for trusting us over the past 30 years. ~Thank you. Celeste