ADT - Bad Service
User SSSBama1995 (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor
I believe USAA should disassociate itself with ADT. I specifically went with ADT for security for my home because they are a partner with USAA. I am now on my 4th month of trying to get my billing right with ADT. The situation started when the ADT rep didn't disclose what the window sensors would look like. When the install guy came, I had to change what was being done, which caused a change to the cost. I had to fax paperwork to ADT to show proof of the change, even though they said their rep should have filed the paperwork. Then I paid the full bill and ADT decided to automatically charge my credit card for an additional $312. I'm not in the process, which ADT has told me could take up to 30-45 days to get a refund for a charge they never should have authorized in the first place. My goal was to protect my home and be safe...However, at this point I think ADT has a heck of a scam going and unfortunately I was duped into believing they are a reliable and honest company. I'll never use them again and cancelling my service as soon as I can get them to give me my money back.
User TaraCrooksUSAA (Opens a pop up layer) Guest Author
S S S Bama 1995,
I am sorry to hear about your experience and I will pass your feedback through to the appropriate department. Please email us your member number and concerns to email@example.com
User ETuttoBene (Opens a pop up layer) New Member
I absolutely agree!!! I called "ADT" about a year ago and scheduled an appointment. The representative came to my home and I explained to him that I was interested in obtaining "ADT" services. I explained the following to him:
1. I don't want to enter into a contract. I prefer to be on a month to month agreement.
2. I want to use my existing alarm, since it was upgraded just a year prior by "Broadview."
3. I want monitoring to be no more than $50.00 a month.
4. I want two key fobs provided at no extra cost.
After discussing this with the representative, he evaluated my home and reviewed his recommendation to me. The representative explained to me the following:
1. I must enter into a 36 month contract. "ADT" does not have month to month agreements.
2. My existing alarm system needed to be replaced as a result of "Inadequate" and "Outdated" electronics provided by "Broadview" services. The upgrade would cost me $199.99 for equipment and $99.99 for installation, even though "ADT" was advertising free equipment and installation on T.V. at that time. I asked the representative about this, and he stated to me it was for a more "Upgraded" system.
3. Monitoring was 54.99 a month which included the "USAA" discount.
4. Two keys fobs would cost me $199.99.
Honestly, I thought the representative was price gouging me, and expected me to pay, as a result of me being affiliated with "USAA." My impression is simple. The representatives at "ADT" feel we can pay whatever they quote as a result of having "USAA" as our insurance company. They elevate the price before our "Discount" then apply the discount and tell us were getting a great deal. I disagree. In my opinion, the representative was disrespectful and rude. Many companies like "ADT" state they appreciate the military and veterans, when they only appreciate our money.