UPDATE on "My Budget" Tool

UPDATE on "My Budget" Tool

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

We apologize for the inconvenience and the recent issues encountered with the My Budget tool.  We continue to address technical fixes to provide better functionality of the My Budget tool and are reviewing all member feedback for future revisions.

USAA is currently focused on decreasing load times, eliminating the duplication of sub categories, eliminating the duplication of credit card payments, and fixing the “save” functionality.

We do appreciate your patience and we will continue to provide updates so we can serve you better. For more information on the My Budget tool, please visit our Money Manager web page and reference the information under the My Budget section.

We have also updated the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Thank you

Re: UPDATE on "My Budget" Tool

jake905's avatarjake905Regular Visitor

Excellent. 

This is the kind of response USAA members are accustomed to.

Thank you for listening to us.

momprof's avatarmomprofOccasional Visitor

I was so sad to open the MyBudget tab one day and find that the spending plan I had carefully tailored and tracked for several years was gone - replaced with an unusable budget I can't get to work for me. I loved the old tool. so frustrating!

csjohns7's avatarcsjohns7Established Member

1. I can't add new catagories to the new pre-set budget areas (Housing, Food, Medical/Dental, etc)

2. I can't move catagories from one budget area to the other. (When everything changed my Amazon.com catagory fell under "Auto" and I can't move it)

Fix these two things and this almost becomes usable again.

SweetC's avatarSweetCOccasional Visitor

The budget tool is still not working. I called the support hotline last week and was told they would look into my specific issue, which appears to be a global issue. Can anyone at USAA provide me an update on when it will be functional? Migration can be difficult, but communication is key.

SweetC,

At the top of this thread there's a link to an FAQ about My Budget. To USAA's credit, It includes a few answers that actually address the problems. This one gives a time frame:

"USAA has identified and is correcting the issues that have surfaced since the launch of the new tool on June 28, 2014. Updates to the tool have been implemented since then and additional fixes will be made by the end of September."

I was glad to see them admitting the problems, however, each day that passes I become more pessimistic. For example, I have yet to see ANY of the issues corrected as they claim. About every other day, I go into My Budget, try to change a single cash value on one category and delete another category. I have to sit for about 10 minutes waiting for the change to happen. Then I save it and refresh the page (another 5 minutes) and the updates are gone. Nothing changes.

rbg4410's avatarrbg4410Regular Visitor

Brianna

1. What will be the communication mechanism to let people know the specific date and time that the fixes will be applied?   Surely, USAA doesn't want their members to get on and check every day???

2. How will we know what specific functions have been 'fixed' ?

rbg4410,

The My Budget team is continuing to work on the issues that have surfaced since the launch of the new tool on June 28, 2014. Updates to the tool have been implemented since then and additional fixes will be made by the end of September. The FAQ page will be updated as new fixes and/or issues are identified.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I will keep you updated as I receive more details.

jake905,

Thank you for reading the FAQ page and for answering SweetC’s question.

To address the issue with saving: at this time, for any changes to save, the budget must be fully balanced. For example, Net Income = the budgeted amount, leaving $0 left to budget.

Well that helps.

Of course it's still pretty odd having to make sure all incremental changes maintain the zero balance before they can be saved.

Wish I'd known this a long time ago. I hear you that it's only an interrim condition that will get fixed, but it would be helpful to see a message in the actual app so people will know that they have to work around this bug.

jake905