Highlighted

Switched to GEICO

Switched to GEICO

Sundance's avatarSundanceNew Member

After nearly 50 years of USAA membership, I recently switched to GEICO for motorcycle insurance.

USAA does not insure motorcycles, but will link you to a politically far left Insurance company. After four years with (far left) Insurance Company, I've had it with their policies and the following:

1. Unable to place/transfer motorcycles into storage during severe winter weather conditions; mandatory year round coverage

2. Commericals and the ditsy pitch woman 

3. Insurance Company was founded by the Lewis Family; a "far left/liberal" father/son team that supports the ACLU, George Soros (MoveOn.org), the legalization/decrimilization of Marijuana, anti-mandatory drug testing, and other "Far Left" issues

I also switched two autos to GEICO due to the same non-storage issues. Premiums much less.

Re: Switched to GEICO

crelkin's avatarcrelkinOccasional Visitor

Good for you. How We Spend Our Money Is One Of The Few Things Left That We Can Control. I Made The Same Choice For My Motorcycle A Few Years Ago.

NCSO911's avatarNCSO911Occasional Visitor

I did the same with my mc and atv. <br>Was a heck of a lot cheaper.

Martimar's avatarMartimarNew Member

You should've tried State Farm because they have lower rates and better coverage!

jenlea's avatarjenleaOccasional Visitor

I just got a McDonald's and im looking @ 236a yr, is that cheap?

jenlea's avatarjenleaOccasional Visitor

Sorry, harley darn auto correct.

p, Re: Switched to GEICO

727's avatar727Frequent Contributor

Yep, USAA farms out some of the other insurance, motorcycle and aviation I know for sure. 

I'm no fan of Prog. [I think all insurnace company names may be verboten] ressive, in fact I won't do business with them (not just because of annoying Flo).    But I'm not giving up my USAA car or homeowners just to insure a plane (USAA uses an aviation company [the name is oddly is prohibited in Jive the application used for this community]  which is a fine company in my opinion), or a motorcycle. 

GEICO is great if you ask me, but then again lots of my retirement savings are in Berkshire Hathaway so I'm just a little biased. 

Sometimes USAA is not going to be the best choice for 'different' insurance.  It started off as car insurnance and they do that better than anyone.   Remember if you carry an umbrella policy chat with USAA so that the coverages are meshed so you don't leave a gap if you use a different company for something. 

Re: p, Re: Switched to GEICO

Akvavit's avatarAkvavitNew Member

Thanks for the info.  When I get my bike back on the road, I will check G & SF instead of P.

Popular Topics