Suscribers savings account

Suscribers savings account

The AAM's's avatarThe AAM'sVisitor

We just canceled our car  insurance with usaa due to way to high premiums.

when i spoke to the represantative , i was told that , since we have no more insurances with usaa we would get a check for the balance that we have in our suscribers savings account !  sounds good to me !  is that true ?

Re: Suscribers savings account

BarisM's avatarBarisMNew Member

It's been a while, but I've seen my balance for my subscribers savings account, I think it's just one more reason to keep USAA. Sometimes other companies can "temporarily" beat their rates, but I feel I get more and consistently pay less over time by staying with USAA.... It got much easier after I turned 30.

SallyM's avatarSallyMOccasional Visitor

I have been with USAA for about 30 years now. My car insurance premiums were high because of my age, driving history, etc. The older you get, the longer you drive with a clean driving history, premiums tend to get lower. Right now, we pay a little more than 100 a month not just for two of our cars, but for hazard insurance and jewerly insurance. That is a very good deal. So, I don't know your age, your driving history, the kind of car you drive. Just be patient and like BarisM said, it got easier after he turned 30.

SallyM's avatarSallyMOccasional Visitor

Also, from my 30 years experience with USAA, no other companies can beat USAA.

CaptRONDO's avatarCaptRONDOVisitor

The money in the account looks good but really what good is the money in an account -my account is fitty + years with money  in said account.. You can only get the money when the master member dies, then it goes to one's estate. Personally my estate dosen't need the money and my spouse and children will be ok-Because i bought insurance! The auto and property insurance is getting very pricey, especially for retirees in Florida. My children up north do not buy USAA auto or property insurance because they tell me they get much better rates from other rated AA companies. Should I cash out and go?

Steve55's avatarSteve55Visitor

I got out a few years ago when I was a P&C Insurance agent.  I was required to buy from the company I sold for.  At the time I left, my company beat the socks off of USAA.  When I came back, I got really good rates (I think to intice me back) but now they are trending back up again.  I have thought several times about changing companies again but I haven't. 

When I got out, I did get a very large payment from my Subscribers Savings Account.  Once you've been out, it takes a while to build it back up again.

Well, I am not under 30 , been with usaa for almost 20 years! The premium for my car insurance is over 240$ cheaper (per year) with the new company . Also needed homeowners insurance ,which was about $120 cheaper ,a month! I know why we changed , my question was about the subscriber savings plan , since the representative said what he said , I wanted to know !

Thanks Steve 55 , I appreciate your comment ! :0)

meo's avatarmeoNew Member

Last year auto insurance with USSA on two cars was 1800 minus discounts of 800 minus subscribers payments of 800 = net cost of 200. TY USAA - I'm glad I stuck with you for 40+ yrs !

Old Navy Brat's avatarOld Navy BratOccasional Visitor

Have you folks forgotten about the dividend?

Until I was with USAA, I had never received a dividend from any auto insurance company during the preceding 25 years.

Now some of these companies are advertising some kind of cash back deal, but USAA has been doing this for a long time, right?

Many years ago, I obtained auto insurance through an independent broker who told me a lot about the insurance industry. One year the premium increase was due, he told me, not because of claim costs but because the other investments of the insurance companies weren't doing too well.

Many companies, (such as the annoying reptile's), lure you in through low loss leading rates, but when renewal time comes along, those low rates are no longer so low.

Nowadays through the website you can really tailor your coverage so as to lower your rates, though you may risk undercoverage in your state.

One tip the broker gave to me long ago pertains to comp coverage. If you are in a postion to set aside enough to replace your vehicle, this could be a good strategy for substantial savings. Once your vehicle is at least seven years old, the replacement value of it diminishes substantially in the eyes of insurance companies, even if you think "your baby" is priceless.

Instead, step up your medical component, or your liability. If you are generally accident free, self-insure your vehicle by setting aside the replacement cost.

I can tell you that through these 10 years of my USAA auto coverage, the premiums have not gone up, and the dividend has not gone down.

It is something to consider...

Popular Topics