My Budget is not effective

My Budget is not effective

AADayley's avatarAADayleyNew Member

Please bring back the Spending Plan. This new My Budget does not work like the old one!

Re: My Budget is not effective

Swass's avatarSwassFrequent Visitor

Yes please fix this!!!

The new budget system is completely broken. It doest save any inputs right and doesnt track your spending. 

Its been like this since they changed to this new format and it clearly doesnt work. 

Re: My Budget is not effective

DOMINATOR's avatarDOMINATORRegular Visitor

Well, welcome to the complaint community.  Everybody has been complain about this for over a month now, USAA basically said F*U** and they not changing anything. I have called and complaint, I've email several times and complaint.  I recieve the same copy and paste generic BS response like other member who did the same.  So I just quit using it, erease all data from it and delete it from my list of available tiles.

My Budget double counts expenses

Theory's avatarTheoryOccasional Visitor

Not sure if anyone else is annoyed by this but My Budget now double counts almost everything.  USAA, please allow users the option to ignore non-budgeted categories in their budgets as it used to allow.  I used to exclude credit card payments, because they only represent an expense that I already incurred.  As an example, if I were to pay for an oil change on August 1 with my VISA then, the automotive expense category would correctly increase by $35.  When I pay off my VISA on August 26th, my Debt expense category increases $35 as well.  So it appears as if I have paid $70 in expenses for just one item.  For anyone who utilizes credit cards extensively (75% of all my expenses are initially paid with credit and subsequently paid off at the end of the month) My Budget is rendered useless.

The same happens when I set aside money in savings for a known future expense, such as property tax.  I am hit with a monthly savings expense and then at the end of year when I pay taxes, it get expensed a second time under a different category (Taxes).  I want the option to ignore either specific categories (such as savings transfers and credit card payments) so that I can prevent a "double spend" on the same dollar.

Re: My Budget double counts expenses

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

Theory,

Thank you for pointing out the issues with the lack of a "non budget" category option. I have passed your comment to the My Budget team.

I apologize for any inconvenience this tool has caused you and encourage you to follow this conversation for the most up to date news about the progress being made on My Budget. Thank you.

Budgeting Tools

TWinVA's avatarTWinVANew Member

I wish I had the last hour of my life back.  I just tried to use the budgeting tool...OMG, it is really bad.  USAA...take a look at Mint.com...that is what users expect in 2014.  Your DIY tool just does not cut it.  I love USAA...you guys are the best, but this tool is the worst.