Life Insurance Debacle

Life Insurance Debacle

UnhappyMember14's avatarUnhappyMember14New Member

I tried applying for life insurance two weeks ago and the USAA advisor told me the website was broken and to try back in a few days.  They could not help me over the phone because I currently had life insurance in NYS and they said it was a legal issue.

I sent an email to USAA with the tech issue and error I was receiving and in a week got a call about my life insurance application figuring everything was fixed.  I called them back and they had no idea why I was calling and got transferred from the 1-877-627-2811 number to an advisor, then to website tech help, back to an advisor.

This new advisor must have been under different legal obligations because he gave me a quote while the previous two claimed they couldn’t.  I asked to speak to an underwriter to better understand my issue and why a 20 yr term life for 750K was over $100.  She actually laughed at me throughout the call like she was an intern who couldn’t believe I wanted to know why the rate was so high.

I work in the financial services industry and have never seen incompetence or witnessed a client serving resource act like this.

Re: Life Insurance Debacle

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

UnhappyMember14,

While we cannot change what has already passed, we apologize for your phone experience. I would like to get someone in contact with you who can answer your questions and give you all of the information you need. Could you please send an email to socialmedia@usaa.com; including your member number, the best number to contact you and your questions. We look forward to hearing from you.

[ Edited ]

OORAH Semper Fi's avatarOORAH Semper FiVisitor

877-627-2811 is not a USAA number, but associated with LeadQual a third party affiliate as far as I know.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/ent_all_leadqual_landing_mkt?SearchRanking=1&SearchLinkPhrase=877-62...

I think this company gives USAA a black-eye and USAA may want to reconsider the affiliation.

DMAC1955's avatarDMAC1955New Member

I received a call this afternoon from 877-627-2811. The individual knew my name and some basic information about my accouint. She identified herself as a representative of USAA and then asked me to hold while a customer service rep was called to the line. I was told that no rep was currently available and that I should hang up and wait for a call back. No call back occured. The call had all the hallmarks of a scam / ripoff artist. Is USAA aware of these people and what they are doing?