I was recently married, have new SS Card... Is this all the Bank/ Credit Cards require to change in their systems




Step #1 completed- I have a bonified SS Card with my new married name. So now it's time to get all the bank, credit cards, DL, changed... I've only been married for a month, and this is only one of many steps so trying to consolidate and get everything done effeciently. 


What do they all need before changing and submitting all new cards to reflect my new name?

SS Card

License (Copy)


Thanks In Advance!






Congratulations on your new marriage!


1. Your FIRST STEP on USAA is to update your Personal Information by clicking here.


  • For your protection, certain personal information may not be changed online. To update your name, citizenship, date of birth, social security number or incorrect gender information, you will need to call 1-800-531-USAA (8722). One of the USAA Member Service Representatives will be happy to assist you in making the necessary changes, and they can make sure you get sent new checks and a new debit card!
  • The USAA Member Service Representative will advise you on the documents (if any) you will need to submit.

2. All other steps on USAA are at your discretion:


  • Order New Checks
  • Request New Debit Card
  • Request New Credit Card

3. For more information read the Frequently Asked Questions found here.


Hope this helps.


Website Guru is spot on (thank you!). A member service representative will be able to help you make all the changes you need. Congratulations to you and your spouse! :)