I Must Agree

I Must Agree

WPotts's avatarWPottsOccasional Visitor

I have had to use Roadside Assitance (RA) twice in the past year.  Unfortunately, I do not recall the details of the last time I used RA, but I do recall not being completely satisfied with the third party provider, AGERO, that USAA uses.  But the most recent experience was absolutely atrocious.  My 17 year old son drove to a friend's house to accompany them to a Mariners baseball game.  When they returned, his car would not start.  Fortunately, he was in a safe place.  It was about 1030 pm.  I called the USAA Roadside Assistance number and got AGERO.  They set up the service and the response time was fairly decent.  The problem was that they towed it to the wrong shop, even after I was reasonably assured the CSR had all the correct information.  When I called my shop the next day for a status, my mechanic told me he didn't have the car.  When I called USAA RA to find out where my car was, they blamed it on the tow company for delivering it to the wrong place.  Further research indicated that it was not the tow company, because they had a FAX from AGERO with the wrong information, but AGERO that had made the mistake and not been forthright about it.  I can't even explain how the wrong information maded it to the FAX, but a supervisor I talked to indicated that some information changed when the CSR was toggling between computer screens or something.  Anyway, in the interim, the wrong shop had done some diagnostics, and wanted me to pay for the work they'd done before they would release the car to be towed to the correct shop.  To make a long story shorter, after spending several hours on the phone trying to get AGERO or USAA to pay the bill, I ended up having to pay for it myself with the hope that I will eventually be reimbursed for that cost.  I'll have to repost when I know how that goes.

What I'm wondering is if anybody at USAA is listening to all the complaints about this third party affiliate, AGERO?  And do they care or are they doing anything about it.  I read a lot of comments when registering to write this post and it appears USAA as a whole is in decline.  Most of my experience with them over the last 30 years has been positive, but they don't seem to be the company they once were.  I definitely would NOT use their banking services after reading all of the negative comments about that division.

Popular Topics