Boo Money Manager. Booooo.

Boo Money Manager. Booooo.

bcsg's avatarbcsgNew Member

You guys do nearly everything right! What happened with this Money Manager business? Spending Plan was a great tool because it was simple and flexible. I had it all set up to track the handful of discretionary categories that can actually be controlled, now it's been replaced with the non-functioning Money Manager over-complication device. Plus it wiped out my ability to see how I did vs. my Spending Plan targets for June. Anyway, you already know from all these posts that the budgeting tool isn't working. Even if it was working it is fundamentally a step in the wrong direction. The worst thing about personal budgeting is that it sucks you into over-complicating it, to the point where you get exhausted and quit. The new tool is dragging in more of that unneeded complexity.

Re: Boo Money Manager. Booooo.

mgsr1's avatarmgsr1Regular Visitor

The functionality is good. But, application is not simple to use. The previous version was just that.
Thanks for the effort to provide your best.

WilyPuma's avatarWilyPumaNew Member

Agree...wasted an entire day.  must spend everything? In must equal out? Junk.  Catagories are all screwed up.  Sad sad sad.

FLSpouse's avatarFLSpouseNew Member

I'm using the 34-day trial of "You Need a Budget" but the program costs $60.  I was excited to see a link to the USAA Money Manager when I was puttering around the site. I'm very technically savvy and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to use this "tool".  I can't seem to create my own categories or sub-categories (despite a FAQ question/answer that seems to describe how to do it but it refers to category "drop down menus" that I simply don't have in my budget (there are predetermined subcategories but I can't change them or add to them).  I can't seem to categorize the expenses on my checking account (the "add category rule" tool isn't working and I'm assuming that's how I would do it...).

The biggest problem, aside from the lack of functionality and ease of use, is that there isn't any useful help explaining how to do all those things in detail.

This is very disappointing. As the OP stated, USAA does nearly everything perfectly but this doesn't seem to be one of those things.

Popular Topics