Highlighted

200 Million Identities stolen from Experian - Time for USAA to move on

200 Million Identities stolen from Experian - Time for USAA to move on

JCoop's avatarJCoopNew Member

Based on the article below and the fact that Experian experienced an unprescedented security lapse, I think USAAA should move to another Credit Bureau Vendor immediatel.  Your thoughts?

- Experian allows 200 Million IDs Stolen

- SC Magazine Security Article

Re: 200 Million Identities stolen from Experian - Time for USAA to move on

user.login: Please s's avataruser.login: Please sEstablished Member

If you don't use credit then you won't have a credit rating. The people in this country have a sick, sad debt addiction which needs fixing.

Re: 200 Million Identities stolen from Experian - Time for USAA to move on

oustasync's avataroustasyncNew Member

Addictions, perhaps. But the world has always been revolved around credit, so what is to be done in the meantime? This is true even if you rent or own a home, as an example. On Experian - That has crossed my mind, too - I just don't see much advice about it to ease my concerns here at the USAA site. I do think, however, being in the digital security industry, that all walls can be broken down at one point or another. Look at what has been hit since you wrote this post. Today, it is E-Bay.... At the moment I take extra precautions using additional layers of encrypted password handling for log-ins, but that won't save me from my data stored elsewhere if hacked. I just think the potential for any of the agencies to get hit is there at some point. So sad.
Popular Topics