new to usaa

new to usaa

Shujaa's avatarShujaaOccasional Visitor

Hi there, I'm new just joined USAA, and and the army too, looking to make the best of this, any advise I'm greatly appreciate

Re: new to usaa

TaraCrooksUSAA's avatarTaraCrooksUSAACommunity Manager

Welcome to the Army and USAA family! :)

Jaws007's avatarJaws007Frequent Visitor

Welcome. Lots of options. Set some goals. Give them a call. Always helpful and great advice.

Jtcoxster's avatarJtcoxsterNew Member

Invest but only money that will not hurt you if you lose it. Be safe and learn your stuff before you do. Also talk to a financial advisor at usaa they're alright at their jobs but if they can't help I'm a business and marketing major you could always email me or post your email on here and I can get in touch with you.

Jtcoxster's avatarJtcoxsterNew Member

But I want to add it's only advice and I hold no legal standing to do so just one person to another. It might be better talking to a usaa advisor if your not comfortable with getting information from someone else.

ysette9's avatarysette9Occasional Contributor

Definitely call up the USAA financial advice section and just talk to someone. Explain that you're just starting out and let them guide you through subjects like budgeting, saving, investing, insurance, etc. My sister did this when she first moved out on her own and they really set her up nicely. It was all free advice over the phone also since she didn't do one of those in-depth financial advice analyses. Good luck and remember to always spend less than you make!