How to Transfer / Send Money to an Individual Using USAA Website
WEBSITE GURUTrusted Contributor
It IS POSSIBLE to send money to another individual via the USAA Website (in addition to the Mobile App) only it is a little bit more involved, and requires access to the other persons checking account.
1. First you will need to add the "other persons" checking account to the "account list".
2. You will need to wait for "validation" to be successful.
3. You can then use Transfer between Accounts found in the Account Tools Tab to transfer funds.
4. Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I add an account belonging to someone else to my account list for funds transfers?
Yes, you can add another person's USAA or non-USAA checking or savings account. However, you will only be able to make deposits into these accounts.
- How do I add a non-USAA account or another member's USAA account to my account list for funds transfers
2. Download the Account and Transaction Authorization Form and follow instructions shown on the form.
IMPORTANT: You will need to provide the transit routing number, account number and the accountholder name for the account you're adding. To help protect you from fraud and theft, we will need to review the account before it can be used for funds transfers.
- What if my Funds Transfer Question is Not Shown?
Click here to visit the full Frequently Asked Questions Section about Funds Transfers.
Keeping Members Informed
It may depend on the type of account. Mine has always looked like an ACH to my other non-USAA account. If you want to discuss specifics I would call a member service specialist. You can contact them here here to provide them with additional detail and your member information. You can also reach a service specialist at 1-800-531-8722.