EMV cards

EMV cards

Michelle W's avatarMichelle WNew Member

USAA is traditionally at the forefront of technology and security(ex, deposit@home. With recent increased prevalence of security breaches of credit card companies, EMV cards are becoming more attractive from a security standpoint. Is there any plan in place to move to these cards? Can we depend on USAA to continue to lead us?

Re: EMV cards

TaraCrooksUSAA's avatarTaraCrooksUSAACommunity Manager

Michelle,

I do not have the answer to this here in the community, but I will send it up the flagpole to be addressed. 

Thanks!
Tara

Peter S.'s avatarPeter S.New Member

I second this on EMV.  For those of us who travel internationally frequently, EMV is the standard in many other countries.  I can be hard to use a swipe credit card in some places.

Point92m's avatarPoint92mNew Member

Tara,
Do you have any news regarding USAA EMV cards?

Eric Baltazar

TaraCrooksUSAA's avatarTaraCrooksUSAACommunity Manager

I do not. I sent this link to the USAA staff to answer for you. I will give it another try. Thank for your patience. 

USAA's avatarUSAACommunity Manager

This is a great question. Please note that USAA Bank members are eligible to request a chip and PIN card if they plan to work or travel overseas. In the coming years, when more U.S. merchants begin installing the new chip and PIN payment terminals, USAA Bank will convert all of its credit cards to this technology.

USAA's avatarUSAACommunity Manager

Additionally, please note you can find more information on this subject here: https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/faq_Chip_and_PIN_Cards_FAQs_index

Tradition of Service's avatarTradition of ServiceNew Member

Given all of the 2013 Holiday Breaches, I think the switch to EMV cards should be mandatory. Americans should have been leading this charge not playing catch up. If you're not the lead dog...

av8r_dave's avatarav8r_daveOccasional Visitor

OK, so how do I request a chip & PIN EMV card?  Seems to me that USAA should enable this though an interface as seamless as it is to set-up a travel notofication.  Guess I have to telephonically deal with a rep.?

CJV's avatarCJVNew Member

I got my chip and pin USAA card last year. I think I had to call and request it.

Popular Topics