Highlighted
Contributor

To all RVN vets: If you have not applied or you are not receiving full VA compensation/pension please apply now. I waited 30 years and sucked it up, it took 2 yrs of painful work/experence to get all I was entitled to and after my demise there much there for my spouse(52yrs) that she will get. PLEASE, PLEASE DO IT NOW. I promise it is worth it. All gave some, Some gave all. david

12 REPLIES

Highlighted
Yes. It's a great time to be veteran, especially a Vietnam veteran. I work everyday processing veterans claims and see so many older veterans waiting so long before applying for benefits. I love my job. I get to pay other veterans.
Highlighted
Brother I have been trying to get what is owed to me from 1975. In 1995 they said I had PTSD went to their clinics and did what they said to do but NO money oh well then in 2006 I hit the bootm of the pit. I lost my JOB thanks Bin-Laden for their flyibng lessons, Wife's insurance covered me till 2009 guess what sports Fans I had a stroke in 2006 now that my sweet wifve got downsized I had no Insurance you got it back to the Good old VA, my doctor is GREAT and has done all he can do but my Boonie rats when my paper hits the office in JACKSON,NMS they cant get out the denied stamp quick enough. I'm tired brothers dog Tired and just don't think I have it in me anymoire to keep fighting the Governament. Sgt J.H. Houston5TH and 525th Mu Bieu
Highlighted
I RECEIVED MY VETERANS BENEFITS SOON AFTER GETTING OUT BACK IN 93 WITH A MEDICAL DISCHARGE AFTER BREATHING IN ASBESTOS AN STARTED HAVING SEVERE BREATHING PROBLEMS AND ONLY RECEIVED A 30% RATING SINCE THEN MY HEALTH HAS INCREASINGLY WORSENED TO THIS DAY STILL I AM STILL FIGHTING TO HAVE MY BENEFITS INCREASED AND GET THE HELP I NEED LIKE GETTING A RAMP BUILT ON MY DECK FOR MY ELECTRIC WHEEELCHAIR AND FINANCIAL HELP WITH MY WIFE ONLY ABLE TO WORK PART TIME TO HELP TAKE CARE OF MY NEVER ENDING HEALTH PROBLEMS WHAT CAN I DO TO LIGHT A FIRE UNDER SOMEONES BEHIND ANYONE IN MICHIGAN I CAN TALK TO TO GET THINGS ROLLING??????
Highlighted
Sorry, my origional reply was censored
Highlighted
yeah ive been out since Dec 2003 onb a medical discharge and the last year ive been trying to get my benefits and trying to figure out what i can and cat get hope it doesnt take much longer i really need the help with any and all that i should be getting anyone who has some tips please let me know thanks brothers n sisters
Highlighted
Consult with a Veteran Service Officer before submitting anything in writing to the VA to qualify for VA benefits. You can contact VSO's through the following organizations: American Legion,VFW, DAV, your state Veteran Affairs. VSO's have experience handling many, many claims while each of you have only one shot and no experience
Highlighted
I retired after 24 years in navy and worked for 13 more years to age 62 so there would be no reduction in rib pay. It seems that tricare will not cover me for 2 years, at least, as I had too much in civilian earnings. So now I have to go out and purchase somekind of health ins for at least 2 years. What happened to automatic coverage when you receive rib payments. This upsets me about no med coverage, but what can you expect from the current gov.
Highlighted
Thanks for your service. Are you referring to claiming medical disabilities that were identified when you retired from the Army or is this something peculiar to having served in Vietnam? The VA medical system seems to be an amazingly difficulty system to navigate.
Highlighted
I just viewed the pages that estimate how long claims take to process and I was disappointed. I have had a claim for hearing loss/tinnittus for over two years and have not heard a word from anyone in my district office - Oakland,Ca. I'm a bit frustrated. I've been told many times to be patient and not turn in more than one claim at a time. Please advise. Bob from No. Calif.