I am divorced from my husband of 21 years of marriage 22 years of military service. That is now incarcerated 30 years his age is 62. My question is first question do I continue to get my portion of his retirement. Second question can I do I qualify to get his portion of his retirement. After all he murdered my son.


Honestly you should get his portion especially since he's incarcerated, but if he's incarcerated he might not be eligible for it so you might have to look further into and see what you can do.


I'm so sorry to hear about your son.  


Thank you for reaching out here in the Community, unfortunately since things could be very different from one person to the next and your situation, I can't advise on this issue. Please consider reaching out to the VA or visiting their website, they would be the best organization to provide you guidance. - Wendy