how can I create sub accounts or secondary accounts?

Highlighted
Contributor

is this possible to do using my main checking account create sub or secondary accounts with their own account number and debit card if not dose usaa offer the ability to have second checking account?

5 REPLIES

Highlighted
I believe this is possible, the term for what you are asking is called a suffix account. Usually this account is a sub account having all the digits of the main account with the exception of the last to digits which uniquely separates it. This account is connected to the main and if the main ever closes so will the suffix. Hope this helps.
Highlighted

how do I go by creating one or two? Also will they get their own checks and debit card or will they be using my card number?

Highlighted

How do I open the account usaa dosen't know what I am talking about a "suffix account"

Highlighted

Hi there, 

Did you  ever get this to work?  Did you find out if you can you get separate checks/debit cards for a sub account?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Shymedq,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to solve customer service questions here in the community. Please contact a member representative using the CONTACT US button on usaa.com or by calling 210-531-8722 or 1-800-531-8722 when you are able. Thank you.