Highlighted

@Retired USMC 1983, Thank you for sharing this information. It is heart warming to see the care in making sure those items will carry the respect and honor of the people who wore them for many years. We appreciate your engagement in our member community. #grateful   ~ Suzy

Highlighted

My old sateen and camo trousers I use for hunting and fishing.  The jackets are sometimes used for the same purpose, the better ones I used and gave to the VFW to use as backgrounds for shadowboxes for displaying awards from military service. For a green overcoat, I would contact my nearest military base or reserve center. They are always updating museum displays and I am sure they would be most grateful for the donation. You might even discover a relationship that will develop into a friendship.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

Highlighted

Hi @rowed 

Thank you for sharing how you have used your old uniforms! What a great idea to donate them to the VFW for shadow box displays.

Than you for your service and for taking the time to comment here in community. I am looking forward to further posts from you!

Highlighted

I turned a couple of mine in to the Danville Veterans Museum. I'm sure there are other places of honor that would also accept uniforms from Veterans to show appreciation of their service, accomplishments, and era of enlistment.

Highlighted

@Garrett T.E. Thank you for your service and for your great suggestion!

@BAYAN LLC you would get along great with my spouse! He has been wearing the same fleece jacket since 1998.

Thank you both for chiming in!

Highlighted
Sell it to me? Is it in good condition. I have wool socks that are 10 years old. Crazy I can afford new wardrobe but I'm a minimalist by nature?
Highlighted

Hey Brother, take that stuff to the Good Will.  In twelve years i went through five different "official" uniform changes.  Take the tax write off and be done with it.....

Highlighted

not on you, just cant figure out how to solo post.... My BDU's are now "Jean" shorts.... My dads Vietnam bdus are gonna hang in my closet til I die.... this is what I do... Cheesy shart USSA, since I can't say sh#t here apparently, just saying.

Highlighted

First I would check and see if anyone in your family wants it.  Some family memebers are very sentimental.  Other Ideas are to donate to a Vet organization for homeless veterans.  Alos if you have many old uniforms you can cut them into pieces and make quilts for homeless veterans :)

Highlighted

I would happen to have an only child who is military adverse. Maybe he saw how much it screwed up his old man...lol?