brobey
Contributor

I do not know who is selecting the programs to advertise on but I just heard that USAA advertises on the View on CBS.  I never watched it but when a friend of mine told me I was STUNNED!  The view does not represent American values and I cannot believe that a person of responsibilty at USAA would advertise on that program.  USAA is not perfect but I have noticed that common sense usually eventually prevails.  What idiot decided to advertise on the view?

5 REPLIES

USAA has not responded to any member comments on advertising over the past year from thousands of active duty service members, veterans, Gold Star Family members, retirees, spouses, and dependents.

The best way to send your message to USAA Senior Management is by voting in this summer's proxy vote. See the below comments as a sample of the hundreds more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2018 Annual USAA Meeting and Proxy Vote
Skyking239
September
All USAA members can vote online to remove the USAA leadership. Each summer there is a proxy vote.  We will request the vote status of those board members who continue to support the sponsorship of the NFL.  

Member since 78
Frequent Contributor
October
USAA Board is hoping we forget how tone-deaf they have been regarding NFL disrespect. We will definitely remember when Proxy Vote returns in summer of *

Susan B Anthony
10-04-2017 06:14 PM
The board of directors are elected to one year terms at the Annual General meeting.  They in turn elect all the officers of the company. Perhaps the time for members to constructively influence the company is at the annual general meeting.

kbsa2000
10-19-2017 03:15 PM
It appears that USAA management is voted from a pool of the already established leadership. So I think the easiest, though slow like cold molasses, route is to start voting in more traditional members into the earlier stages of leadership.

imac61
10-05-2017 08:52 PM
cant wait till election time,,,

Mic1
12-12-2017 08:57 AM
Prepare and, if possible, attend the Annual Meeting!  Time to CONFRONT the CEO and Board of Directors who REFUSE, and continue to REFUSE, to respond to its members.  The USAA Board of Directors have made the conscious, deliberate, and thought out decision to IGNORE the USAA members, and instead provide MILLIONS of YOUR dollars in financial SUPPORT to the NFL and the NFL players who kneel!!   Is there any doubt that the USAA Founding Fathers would be utterly Ashamed of the current Management??

Frequent Contributor
October
yep, i'd like to know as well - i think i, along with a couple thousand other USAA members, would like to attend and voice our opinions regarding the CEO and USAA board members

retiredcwo3
Anthony Fassett
Occasional Contributor
September
My vote will be to remove all who choose to stand with the NFL if I'm still a member at that time. If I am I promise I will vote.

FLAG STILL WAVES
10-14-2017 12:11 AM
I am with Stand United and hopefully thousands more. We stand silent no longer. If it comes down to it, I am willing to march to USAA HQ with anyone willing to go. Time to become the vocal majority.

Air Force Boy
10-18-2017 05:54 PM
I would have never considered attending an annual meeting before.  I mean, really, who goes to these things?  But now, I think I'd be willing to make the drive from Pennsylvania to sit in on this one.  The USAA meeting...a visit to San Antonio and ordering the chicken fried steak special at the Alamo Cafe' (if they're still around)  

kbsa2000
Im with you Stand United. It's time to change the overhead bulbs. They've grown dim and selfserving.

Retired AF Veteran
10-11-2017 10:38 PM
The next step we should take is to recall each of the present Board and elect onto the Board members who represent the values of its members.

Sox Fan
Regular Contributor
22 Dec17
When leaders fail to listen to their people, it is time to replace the leaders.

Gunny22
10-18-2017 09:04 AM
Time to seek new leadership at USAA.

HighFive
10-18-2017 12:18 PM
I agree with this petition, it is sad the USAA BOD's have maintained this relationship with the unpatriotic National Football League....when is the next BOD member vote and how do we make an impact to send a louder message? 

SMHJR
11-05-2017 10:28 AM
I think we all need to get behind putting a new Board in place that understands and listens to its members. As USAA members, we need to band together and root out the ineffective leadership that views themselves as greater than the membership. I remember the day when USAA did not have to advertise and we were a great company. But now ....

ohen
11-04-2017 07:23 AM
Yes, our "leadership" at USAA MUST change if they think supporting the nfl still is acceptable.
This is beyond wrong and if they can not understand that, and the position of their members, then they simply can not lead USAA.

Torch01
10-18-2017 01:25 PM
I am a 42 year member of USAA.  Recently, and our General Membership meeting of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, we unanimously voted to suspend all showing of NFL Football games.  Most all agreed that any display such as this disrespect to our Flag, Our Anthem, our country,and insults our SERVICE!  Afterwards, one of the members briefed that USAA supports the NFL...shameful!!  HOW DO YOU SERVE OUR WARRIORS IN THIS WAY!  My family is now looking at suspending USAA as our Insurance company.
STOP SUPPORTING THIS DISGRACEFUL ORGANIZATION!

atocha
11-05-2017 07:09 PMI
I joined USAA in * and it's gone straight down hill since Gen. McDermott retired as CEO.  The current management is a complete joke, as evidenced by their continuing financial support of the NFL.  USAA says it stands behind their members, yet they funnel millions of dollars in advertising to a league that completely disrespects the flag and national anthem.  The players can do whatever they want, but not on my dime.  My premiums are paying for these ads and I've had enough.  The CEO and entire board should be fired immediately.  The day when they're all gone can't come soon enough.

Gumby75
10-08-2017 04:16 PM
I have to say I am shocked!  On the entire BOD there is not one leader left.  Not one leader that will stand up and say that supporting the NFL is wrong!  Only silence - SAD.  Well, after 37 years with USAA I am moving on. 

hafajc
12-06-2017 01:34 PM
I used to think that USAA was something special, but turns out they are just another company sucking money from where ever they can.  The USAA Board Members are WITHOUT HONOR--SELLOUTS!!!  Good luck with your new demographic that you are marketing to, NFL and USAA.  Maybe you'll now include draft dodgers from the 1960's and 70's as veterans of some social war, people who crossed the border into Canada can join the VFW--you can advertise to them (but they are getting old, too.)  But remember, those few remaining people with true values and  integrity see you for what you are.

Member since 78
10-28-2017 03:03 PM
The USAA CEO and Board will eventually have to realize their stubborn refusal to listen to the membership will cost them on the bottom line, as well as their positions when the next proxy vote comes up.

Frustrated in DC
11-07-2017 03:50 PM
I am a 40+ year member. USAA Management and Board it's do not care about member views or the quality of the service they provide. Only care about their bonuses and how they can pad their resumes at the expense of members. They are just boasting about how great they are. Service has gotten terrible, and caused me to move my investment and most of my banking to other providers. Quit wasting money that is not yours!!!!

Hanya
11-08-2017 12:23 AM
The CEO of USAA is disregarding the membership and it's obvious that the senior executives do not respect the members who built this company and own this company.

eli1101
11-07-2017 05:27 PM
USAA's BOD is devoid of leadership and acts in an invertebrate manner.

Montana member
10-31-2017 05:24 PM
BODs, Have you no honor, gentlemen? Look around - your membership is not and will not follow you down this path.

SONBIRD
10-13-2017 05:32 AM
USAA is drifting away, far away.  I am a 62+year member and I have never seen it like this. 

Member since 78
10-15-2017 01:46 PM
USAA is stalling, in hopes this will be forgotten. No way will the patriotic members forget, especially when we overthrow the Board next year!
"The View" A hardcore biased program that promotes its form of resentment and hatred if your views aren't in line with theirs. Don't cross their path or they will label you racist. Look at Oprah and some of the comments she made about a part of our society. No one dares to question her about her comments. The sad part is that they can get away with their form of discrimination and no one can ever call it into question. Sort of like the National Felons League. Double standards at their best. I chose not to watch either program.
Below is the article the other USAA member is referring to in her post below on The View.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fox News
Headline: ‘The View’ co-hosts mock Mike Pence’s faith, bring flood of complaints to ABC News

By Brian Flood | FoxNews.com
Published February 19, 2018

ABC News has been flooded with more than 25,000 phone calls since  “The View” co-hosts mocked Vice President Pence’s Christian faith last week, disrespecting the former governor of Indiana for speaking with Jesus and even suggesting he has a “mental illness.”

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell published an open letter to ABC News after the controversial comments, calling for an apology for the “anti-Christian remarks.” ABC News received 25,363 calls as of early Monday morning from people complaining about the comments made by “The View” co-hosts Sunny Hostin and Joy Behar, according to the MRC.

Hostin said it’s “interesting” that former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman recently said that Pence talks to Jesus and believes Jesus tells him things. Hostin said she is a “faithful” Catholic but doesn’t want her vice president “speaking in tongues.” Behar then said, “It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you… that’s called mental illness.”

Bozell called the conversation a “serious problem,” while saying the comments were “insulting” to all Christians. He also detailed other examples of what he called a “disturbing trend” of ABC and “The View” insulting Christians.

“Make no mistake, the slurs against the vice president’s faith insult millions of Christians and are unacceptable. If there are no on-air apologies after this deplorable episode, Christians will tune out ABC programming across the board. And we will do our best to encourage it,” Bozell wrote.

What happened yesterday on The View to Jeanine Pirro is an absolute disgrace! I stopped watching The View several years ago because the show went from covering inclusive political viewpoints to being a cast full of LWL feminist nuts! I had no idea USAA advertised on the show! I am so disapointed that a company built by PATRIOTS would stoop so low. I have been a life long USAA member... had auto insurance with them since I was 16 (am 64 now). My father was an Air Force pilot who flew missions in three wars... I will definitely be looking for a new insurance company if USAA doesn't start backtracking on their course of suppporting the lunatic fringe. 

USAA used to only advertise on military publications and kept their advertising costs low.  The passed the savings onto members and made a big deal about it.  Now they waste a ton of money on national venues like the NFL and "The View".  What good does it do?  USAA is supposed to be for the military.  Why wasted money advertising on commercials that aren't targeted for that audience?  Why support organizations that most of the military does not agree with? 

Time to go back to your roots USAA!  Cut your advertising budget for the sake of the members.