Highlighted
So, USAA was able to pinpoint what happened but they're not willing to post it here?
Highlighted

I haven't seen any details or explainations either.  In my case, I booked a flight - which apparently goes through a 3rd party (Explore) - that landed me on a telemarketing list where they call indicating a relationship with USAA....  

There have been various posts indicating that they're checking in or will report back when something changes, but I haven't seen that follow through.

It may be that we're just marked do-not-call in the background.

Highlighted
USAA never did follow through. They left a message for me to call but they were never available. For some reason they would not post what they learned on this thread.
Highlighted

Hi tikal and dcg9381,

I have asked an expert in this area ( I admittedly am not!) about the solution and/or conclusion to this issue and will post when I have an update. Thank you!

Highlighted

Thank you.  I was contacted by USAA today and they indicated that they asked Explore travel to remove me from their marketing list.  Note - my issue with them was months ago and when they called, I asked to be added to their DNC (Do Not Call) list.  I appreciate the follow up by USAA.

Please note, the objection here is that "follow up" to this community board has been promised in the past by USAA representatives and I certainly haven't seen it.  What I'd like to see is some disclosure:

1) If we book travel through USAA (who defers this to Explore Travel) should members expect telemarketing for cruises by Explore Travel, who uses the USAA name to gain some trust and legitimacy?

2) Is part of booking travel with USAA an opt-in for such marketing and other communications from Explore?

This was my first time booking travel (domestic flights) using USAA.  I normally use more traditional means such as Expedia, Travelocity, or direct booking.   But everything else being equal, I'd certainly prefer to give the business to USAA.

Highlighted

Thank you for following up! I will work on tracking the answers to your questions down!

Highlighted

Still no response??? Can you explain why there's never an explanation posted here?

Highlighted

Please clarify:

1) If we book travel through USAA (who defers this to Explore Travel) should members expect telemarketing for cruises by Explore Travel, who uses the USAA name to gain some trust and legitimacy?

2) Is part of booking travel with USAA an opt-in for such marketing and other communications from Explore?

If you're unable to respond or address this, please indicate that you're not able to address it...   USAA has promised responses (many times) in the past and hasn't been forthcoming.  It's a bit unusual.

Highlighted

dcg9381,

I have reached out to our contact who handles Explore Travel, and once they have responded to your questions above, I will gladly post here. Thank you.

Highlighted

They did answer my questions directly. I really appreciate the customer service.  I responded to that agent - and I'll indicate the same thing here: Those answers are likely useful to the community as a whole, especially knowing how to avoid opting-in to additional sales communication from Explore travel....