Eligibility Section 1. Eligibility for membership shall be as defined and determined by the board of directors in each of the following categories:

Capture.JPG

Fullbird said: "The be fact is the bylaws you Google warriored pertain to the USAA RIE. When it comes to banking and financial products, USAA has at least a dozen other types of memberships."

I don't see a dozen?

Capture.JPG

I really don't understand why you feel the need to go back through my old post just to challenge statements I have made.  All I can think of is you get some perverted enjoyment out of trolling/griefing me, so from here on out I will ignore any further posting by you and your alter ego. 

Cheers.

DSTEXAS, perhaps, to answer your question, others tolerate lies and deception and incompetence more than I do.  You like to throw around the term Core Values, yet you seem incapable of walking the walk.

Gruntstuff made the factual assertion that "In fact this membership eligibility is a very ambiguous and confusing criteria. It is statistically driven and not really enforced to just allow military and family members to join."

DSTEXAS, responded with a number of conflicting statements none of which were not entirely lacking in deception or lucidity.  ""There are some products that are available to individuals with no military affiliation, but those individuals would not be members. Membership requires issuance of a policy of USAA insurance and that membership continues as long as the member has any insurance policy in force with USAA."

In furtherance of those inaccurate claims, DSTEXAS refers us to the bylaws on the USAA Reciprocal Insurance Exchange, a USAA entity -- one of many.  

Section 2. Membership of a person eligible under Article II, Section 1 shall commence with the
issuance of a policy of USAA insurance to that person by an authorized representative and the
execution of a subscriber’s agreement and power of attorney to the attorney-in-fact, as described in
Article II, Section 3. Membership shall continue so long as the member has any insurance policy in
force with USAA, except as otherwise provided in Article II, Section 5.

DSTEXAS conveniently forgot to copy and paste Section 1 upon which Section 2 is predicated. 

Eligibility Section 1. Eligibility for membership shall be as defined and determined by the board of directors in each of the following categories:
(a) Commissioned, warrant and non-commissioned officers in the United States Services; cadets, midshipmen, and other candidates for commissions therein.
(b) Regular employees of USAA and its subsidiaries.
(c) Former members of USAA.
(d) Widow(er)s of persons qualified under (a), (b) or (c) above, so long as their status is not changed by remarriage.

The simple, undisputed fact is there are a multitude of folks to which USAA referrs to as "members" which fall outside -- far outside -- the scope of Section 1.  According to Section 1, DSTEXAS' daughters are not members although on at least one other thread he cried when he thought someone implied they weren't. According to Section 1, DSTEXAS himself, retired as likely but an E-3 is not a member.  

A cursors or reading of the bylaws and a basic elementary understanding of our English language show the requirements for membership that DSTEXAS paints as all-inclusive, easy to understand and the exclusive definition of membership that USAA uses are nothing more than requirements to be a member of the Reciprocal Insurance Exchange.  Not all USAA members are members of the RIE. 

USAA itself refers to "insurance-qualified members" and "non-insurance-qualified members."  That is, however, completely at odds with the theory presented by DSTEXAS.  

So so what types of memberships does USAA have?  

1.  Any honorably discharged veteran who is insurance qualified;

2.  Any honorably discharged veteran who is not insurance qualified;

3.  Military personnel of any rank who are insurance qualified;

4.  Military personnel of certain rank who are not insurance qualified;

5.  Military personnel of NCO rank who are insurance qualified, but not qualified for insurance issued by USAA rather than one of their subordinate insurers (only senior NCOs are qualified for insurance by USAA whereas others are insured by a subordinate company (Liberty Mutual ??);

6.  Military personnel as defined in Section 1 who are no longer members, but are yet still members;

7.  Civilian personnel with zero military nexus who USAA lets join from time to time;

8.  Residents of Bexar County which have always been able to join USAA regardless of never having any military nexus;

9.  USAA employees regardless of location or military nexus.

There's nine for you, DSTEXAS. Break out your calculator and count them if you feel the need.  

Gruntstuff is correct. The criteria for membership is confusing given the multitude of different types of membership.

Feel free to start being honest, DSTEXAS, or please stop trolling.  Remember, Core Values.