Frank K
Contributor
Time to pull our USAA advertising from the NFL for its arrogant, blatant disrespect of our National Anthem and our flag. I have decided to boycott the NFL.

11 REPLIES

PULL THE ADS!!  Those morons knelt on foreign soil!  My husband is so overcome with anger and hurt by this he can't even talk about it or look at the news.  And it's a false narrative.  The whole thing is a sick attack on our country and what it stands for and what our soldiers fight to defend.  To GIVE THEM MONEY is a slap in the face to YOUR CUSTOMERS, USAA!

And it's  not about freedom or the 'right' to do something.   As Steyn says, "To see it in terms of legal absolutism - one has the "right" to take a knee, just as one has the "right" to shout "F**k!" during your grandmother's funeral - is reductive, and diminishing."  Ok so you have the right....do you want to do this to our country?  And do you USAA want to support this?  Against your customers, the veterans?

Thanks also for your post M Cremer.  We definitely do not want to upset you, your husband, or any of our members regarding this issue.  Being a member and veteran myself, I do get your concern.  USAA does highly value your membership and we are tracking and sharing your feedback for further review I can assure you.  

Our goal with advertising during this block during the NFL game was and is intended to educate military and member prospects about USAA products and services.  This is place with programming popular with our military, veterans, and their families.  Research does show that 70% of active duty military are in fact NFL fans, with 36% naming the NFL as their favorite sport.  As you see we are more successful in our ad campaigning when we target programs our members watch. 

Thank you for giving myself and our team the ability to read your thoughts through this post, and USAA does generally value you membership.  Respectfully  -  Justin

I get what your goals WERE.  THINGS HAVE CHANGED.  YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE SOLDIERS AND VETERANS.  As Bill OReilly pointed out, how do you think it made those soldiers on active duty in Afghanistan feel when they saw those teams KNEEL ON FOREIGN SOIL.  YOU ARE BETRAYING THE TROOPS.  

Additionally, those "MEDIA VISIBILITY" goals that you hide euphamisms and 'media speak' as a way to SERVE VETS....are better met with a  CONSISTENT MESSAGE LIKE PULLING THE ADS.   That would be reported wide, getting front page news on DRUDGE REPORT for instance.  

THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS.  WE WILL BE ENDING OUR BUSINESS ASSOCATION WITH YOU. 

USAA is playing a dangerous game with its members. Your condescending response to our legitimate concerns over the NFL's blatant disrespect for the US and our military is hard to tolerate. I have been a USAA member for over 41 years and I watch carefully now to see if USAA will listen to its members or go the route of the deaf, blind and dumb for political purposes. I have other options for my banking and insurance. Keep playing around and I will leave for them and you can keep your NFL sponsership. It's one or the other. I have already pulled my brokerage account because of poor service after 41 years of my loyal support. My patience is not without limit. Get out of the NFL NOW! 

Thanks for speaking up in our Member Community Frank K about this important subject to our members.  Please know that our purpose in becoming a league sponsor with the NFL is to honor and appreciate the military community.  Professional football is of the most watched programming on television which provides a perfect avenue to encourage America in giving thanks to our troops.  I do thank you for your comments with us today.  -  Justin

Hey Frank, my name is Michelle Not Justin.  DO YOUR JOB!  I DON'T CARE WHY YOU BECAME A SPONSOR - THINGS HAVE CHANGED.  But since you only think in marketing terms, here's a good marketing thought - FREE PRESS.  How about the DRUDGE REPORT HEADLINE TODAY THAT READS SPONSOR PULLS ADS FROM NFL?!!!!

Hey Frank, my name is Michelle Not Justin.  DO YOUR JOB!  I DON'T CARE WHY YOU BECAME A SPONSOR - THINGS HAVE CHANGED.  But since you only think in marketing terms, here's a good marketing thought - FREE PRESS.  How about the DRUDGE REPORT HEADLINE TODAY THAT READS SPONSOR PULLS ADS FROM NFL?!!!!  That could have been YOUR STORY.  USAA - TOP ROW, DRUDGE, MENTIONED BY PRESIDENT.  Was it?  Nope.  Because you guys are so busy virtue signalling, you can even grab an amazing marketing moment - you know - like the excuse you are using to betray your customers...MEDIA VISIBILITY!!!  DO YOUR JOB YOU IDIOTS!!

And FYI - It's not about free speech when the NFL already censors speech - no 9/11 tributes, no breast cancer awareness for a player's dying mother, no DANCING IN THE IN-ZONE.  YOU IDIOTS!!! THIS IS A STUPID STUPID ILL INFORMED STUNT THAT YOU ARE TYING YOUR COMPANY TO.  And you are betraying your customers.  

Unbelievable.  So hey, thanks Frank (see I actually read and know what your name is.)

Justin you are very good at blabbering without actually doing what your members demand.
You should check the latest stats & you will realize your members are only more outraged by your excuses. USAA needs to boycott NFL as demanded by their members overwhelmingly. And USAA should fire your worthless mindless lame garbage mouth & get somebody who will respond to the demands of their members. Why support and finance the ENEMY? Isn't that TREASON?🇺🇸🇨🇱