Highlighted
Contributor
Does anyone know how to send money to another USAA member? A friend was able to send me money with just my name and phone number, but my app doesn't seem to have that function. Am I doing something wrong?

18 REPLIES

Highlighted
In the app menu, under transfer money, there is a drop down menu. The top option, "Pay Someone", allows you to enter the person's first, last name, and email address.
Highlighted

If you have a T-Mobile phone, the option is not available to transfer money to a person.  

Highlighted

Juliamcnzi;

Devion is CORRECT!

------------------------------

Here are the individual steps:

1. Log In on the USAA Mobile App (if you haven't done so already).

2. On My USAA Menu select Transfer/Deposit, then Transfer Funds.

3. On Transfer Section:

3.1. FROM: Select Account (from drop down menu)

3.2. TO: Select Pay Someone Tab, then complete the FORM.

3.3. AMOUNT and DATE: (Self explanatory).

3.4. Press TRANSFER when done.

Hope our advice helps.

Highlighted

How do you transfer to someone from PC web login

Highlighted

Everyone;

Click here to see How to Transfer / Send Money to an Individual Using USAA Website.

Hope the link helps.

Highlighted

This is what I'm looking for, however after I click on "Pay Someone" the app doesn't continue. Any suggestions?

Highlighted

When I pay someone with this feature through the app how does the receiver get paid? Is there a limit on the amount I can pay someone?

Highlighted

Lynn;

As for your first question:

1. When using the USAA Mobile App to Transfer Funds (which I haven't done myself) I believe the "other individual" receives a text message or e-mail from USAA.

2. When using the USAA Website to Transfer Funds, the "other individual" will see the ACH Deposit in their account .

3. In both of the above cases, you won't know if the transfer was ok unless you ask the "other individual".

As for your second question:

1. The limit should be the same as for all Funds Transfer - that is - $5,000.00.

2. Click here to visit the full Frequently Asked Questions Section about Funds Transfers

I hope I answered your question.

Highlighted

crobey;

QUESTION: Did you complete ALL SECTIONS (From, To, Amount, and Date)?

If so and you still have problems with USAA Mobile App? Try these suggestions:

1. If you have ISSUE or a PROBLEM / COMPLAINT then click here to start the process of telling USAA all about it.

OR;

2. You can try to contact USAA about your ISSUE or a PROBLEM / COMPLAINT via their Twitter Response Form

OR;

3. You can call the USAA Website Support Team at 1-877-632-3002 and speak to one of USAA's Website Support Team Members whom will be happy to assist you. They are open 6 a.m. to midnight CT, 7 days a week.

Phone Menu Tip:
At the main menu say: "Technical Support", or the name of the specific feature, such as "Mobile App" or "Deposit at Mobile."

USAA can't begin to address your concerns until they hear from you.

I hope I have helped in some small way.