Highlighted
Contributor

Hey USAAers,

Thought to warn everyone trying to purchase a new windshield from SafeLite.   I wanted to check and see if the price was worth claiming or not.  I navigated through the SafeLite website and was quoted $330.00 for a replacement windshield.  I figured I should at least go through USAA to see if I could save some money. So, after speaking to a USAA Representative I was quoted on the phone by a USAA Representative $539.00 for a new SafeLite windshield.  I mentioned that the website quoted $330.00 so they gave me that price.  

Judging by all of the posts on the USAA website, I believe USAA has a bit of a problem here.  So, check the website first and don't bother going through USAA as you will probably end up paying more.  I've been a USAA member for over 25 years and have never run into anything quite like this.  

1 REPLY

Highlighted

"Thought to warn everyone trying to purchase a new windshield from SafeLite.   I wanted to check and see if the price was worth claiming or not.  I navigated through the SafeLite website and was quoted $330.00 for a replacement windshield.  I figured I should at least go through USAA to see if I could save some money."

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when/if I need this service.

"So, after speaking to a USAA Representative I was quoted on the phone by a USAA Representative $539.00 for a new SafeLite windshield.  I mentioned that the website quoted $330.00 so they gave me that price."

I seriously doubt you were talking to a USAA Representative.  USAA would not be selling SafeLite windshields directly.  You were probably talking with a SafeLite representative.  I definitely would report the attempt of overpricing to USAA.  

If you follow the link on the USAA website to schedule glass replacement, it takes you to an outside website with the following disclaimer:

Page Loading ...

You are now leaving usaa.com and being directed to a site built exclusively for USAA members. You may click the USAA link to return at any time, but you may need to log on again.

Note: USAA is not responsible for content or privacy policies on other sites. If you are not automatically directed, click "Continue."