Pat Tilman's Widow/Gen. Michael Hayden Not Offended

kcduck
Occasional Contributor
More offended by a false patriot President and his faux patriot supporters hypocritically wrap themselves in the flag. They are like the hypocrites in the Bible who like to stand and pray on street corners to show how righteous they are. If I had a choice to save the Constitution or the flag from a burning building, I would choose the Constitution hsbds down. It's what I swore to defend.

Pat Tilman's widow has already told BLOTUS not to use her dead husband as a political prop in the feud he started with the NFL. Gen. Michael Hayden says As a 39-year military veteran, I think I know something about the flag, the anthem, patriotism, and I think I know why we fight. It’s not to allow the president to divide us by wrapping himself in the national banner. I never imagined myself saying this before Friday, but if now forced to choose in this dispute, put me down with Kaepernick.”

6 REPLIES

Hayden is a political general. And this started before Trump said a word. It started when the NFL would not allow the Cowboys to honor the 5 Dallas cops who were killed.

Kcduck- just want to make sure you've noticed that this member community forum has exploded with views opposite from yours.
Highlighted
You've missed the buss brother, better call your mother to drive you to school. Kaepernick knelt during the anthem and presentation of our colors, and wore socks with pigs in police uniform in protest of social injustices and police brutality. The hypocrisy is he launches his protest before the symbols of the nation that provides him that privilege. Most veterans support this right but find the setting intolerable and with incredible distaste. The President brought to light what many veterans feel. You just don't like PODUS. Just sayin
In 2015, the number of individuals killed by police was 995. That’s out of a total population of 318 million people. Obviously, the bare fact that an individual was killed doesn’t tell the whole story, but of those killed only 90 were determined to be unarmed. Of those unarmed individuals killed only 4% were black men killed by white cops. In the vast majority of all police killings (three-quarters), law enforcement officers were confronted by individuals who were armed. One statistic often left out of the conversation is the number of police killed. In 2015, 124 out of an estimated 900,000 full-time federal, state and local officers lost their lives in the line of duty.

The objective data simply does not support the protesters’ message of a pandemic of racist cops. It is merely a popular myth perpetuated by those who ply their trade by convincing people that they are helpless victims and targets of some massively unjust society, especially the police.

Why is it that none of these NFL players or owners has the courage to actually stand up and challenge the lie that is being perpetuated? The greater problem is not players kneeling during the national anthem, it’s that no one is willing to step up and challenge the lie of systemic racism.
Let me kindly point out to you that if it wasn't for the flag. There would be no constitution, and vice Vera's no constitution, no flag. They go hand in hand. It was the flag that the marines raised over Iwo Jima. Not the constitution. I took that same oath. The flag represents the constitution.
You're right. I do not like this President. He is a disgrace to the office and is doing enormous damage to this country and its standing in the world. He also disrespects our veterans, the families those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. He thinks government is some sort of reality TV show with him as the star. It's a reality nightmare for those of us who love our country and want it to be the best it can be. I'm sorry but if people honoring you by exercising the freedoms you say defended makes you uncomfortable. I believe it was G.K. Chesterton who remarked saying "mother country right or wrong, is like saying my mother drunk or sober! The Civil War general and later Missouri Senator better advised " our country when right to be kept right, and when wrong to be made right."

As to those say I'm in the minority in my view here, I don't care! The majority is not right simply because it is the majority. My father, a Vietnam vet and DFC recipient, taught me always the think for myself and to follow my conscience. I would ask no less that f any other man.