Pat Tilman's Widow/Gen. Michael Hayden Not Offended

kcduck
Occasional Contributor
More offended by a false patriot President and his faux patriot supporters hypocritically wrap themselves in the flag. They are like the hypocrites in the Bible who like to stand and pray on street corners to show how righteous they are. If I had a choice to save the Constitution or the flag from a burning building, I would choose the Constitution hsbds down. It's what I swore to defend.

Pat Tilman's widow has already told BLOTUS not to use her dead husband as a political prop in the feud he started with the NFL. Gen. Michael Hayden says As a 39-year military veteran, I think I know something about the flag, the anthem, patriotism, and I think I know why we fight. It’s not to allow the president to divide us by wrapping himself in the national banner. I never imagined myself saying this before Friday, but if now forced to choose in this dispute, put me down with Kaepernick.”

13 REPLIES

Hayden is a political general. And this started before Trump said a word. It started when the NFL would not allow the Cowboys to honor the 5 Dallas cops who were killed.

Every General is "political".   They have to be in order to navigate the Hill to protect their troops and America.  I don't believe he ever held a political office.   He served for about 4 decades in uniform.  In uniform or mufti, he served this Republic well.  No one shgould ever attack a brother/sister in arms who serves this Republic.  That is repugnant.   He, like other leaders, served under both administrations without allowing politics to guide him.   Now, as a private citizen, he is free to express his opinions as he wishes.  He defended the Constitution all his adult life....including the First Amendment.  Try joining him.   Would make you a better American. 

Kcduck- just want to make sure you've noticed that this member community forum has exploded with views opposite from yours.

Really a non-issue.  USAA's board is as full of limited intelligence, nearsighted folks as any other board. Whatever the number is, is better than your personal characterization.  "More" or "exploded with" are generalizations without merit.  If an independent source verifies that ALL members disagree with the writer (or agree with your view) then you would have intellectual merit. Please understand the writer has rights under the First Amendment, and has equal rights to express his views....as do you.   You can easily ignore him/here by not reading; the rest of us can ignore you and your ilk, or choose to chuckle at you.   Our choice.   So if you support the Constitution and equal rights of all citizens (also USAA members to post on this board), just go back to gnawing on your knuckles in the dark recesses of your mind, please.   please let the educated adults converse as desired.  Ok?...but we both know you won't.   

Highlighted
You've missed the buss brother, better call your mother to drive you to school. Kaepernick knelt during the anthem and presentation of our colors, and wore socks with pigs in police uniform in protest of social injustices and police brutality. The hypocrisy is he launches his protest before the symbols of the nation that provides him that privilege. Most veterans support this right but find the setting intolerable and with incredible distaste. The President brought to light what many veterans feel. You just don't like PODUS. Just sayin

The man who convinced K-man to take a knee is an ex-Green Beret teammate.  And unless you have detailed numbers on ALL veterans, it is intellectual hypocracy to speak for all veterans.  Also not your responsibility/authority.   As a 30 year, 100% disabled, veteran of the USAF (ENLISTED) and ARMY LTC, I support K-man taking a knee.  So don't presume to speak for me.  And as for your nickname....unless the USMC changed, the USMC has never had Doctors or even Corpsmen.  They are Navy personnel assigned to Marine units.  The ones I knew personally went throughg Navy Boot; attended Corpsman schooling: went through Marine Boot; and deployed as members of Marine units.   I lost one good friend who dropped out of college to become a Corpsman; went through both Boots, and deployed to Vietnam in his Marine unit.   But until he lost his life in that hellhole, he reminded people (with pride) he was Navy (this from a guy whose father, grand-father, two uncles, and only brother were Army Field Grade officers).    

1.  You are not my brother.   My Mom popped out only one male baby.  2.  I didn't miss any "buss" because I don't do electrical work.  And I don't ride on a BUS because I own vehicles.   3.  My mother doesn't drive me anywhere...she's dead, you POS.   Watch your filthy mouth.  4.  It's people like you who make decent people ashamed of how much our citizenry has declined.  

In 2015, the number of individuals killed by police was 995. That’s out of a total population of 318 million people. Obviously, the bare fact that an individual was killed doesn’t tell the whole story, but of those killed only 90 were determined to be unarmed. Of those unarmed individuals killed only 4% were black men killed by white cops. In the vast majority of all police killings (three-quarters), law enforcement officers were confronted by individuals who were armed. One statistic often left out of the conversation is the number of police killed. In 2015, 124 out of an estimated 900,000 full-time federal, state and local officers lost their lives in the line of duty.

The objective data simply does not support the protesters’ message of a pandemic of racist cops. It is merely a popular myth perpetuated by those who ply their trade by convincing people that they are helpless victims and targets of some massively unjust society, especially the police.

Why is it that none of these NFL players or owners has the courage to actually stand up and challenge the lie that is being perpetuated? The greater problem is not players kneeling during the national anthem, it’s that no one is willing to step up and challenge the lie of systemic racism.
Let me kindly point out to you that if it wasn't for the flag. There would be no constitution, and vice Vera's no constitution, no flag. They go hand in hand. It was the flag that the marines raised over Iwo Jima. Not the constitution. I took that same oath. The flag represents the constitution.