PCS under SCRA. USAA advertises, but after 3 months, no benefits?

Highlighted
Contributor
Has anyone submitted for the reduced APR benefit for a year following a PCS? I have been attempting to submit since June. The latter part of June is when I finally submitted my orders. Up till now, I have called back 6 times. Each time never being able to get a actual update. First I called and they were "sure" that I was getting the benefit and it would take 2 billing cycles to post. When I called back after that time period, they were only telling me that I may have to submit again. So the process started again. I submitted and waited to verify that the orders were received and under review. The agent said they were and that it would take 7-10 days for a decision. After 15 days, I called and their update was off. The operator said the notes showed that the orders were not submitted on time. After further review, he was able to see that they were submitted on time and said that all he could do is notate that he verified that orders were submitted on time and that I would have to wait another 7-10 days for the decision. GREAT!!!!!!

It would not be so bad if I did not see the advertising for the benefit and utilize my credit card for 90% of my moving cost, thinking that I was going to get the lower interest rate for a year!!! If I am not eligible, I wish they would tell me. Then I could make a decision on another financial institution to transfer my business to. It is just not worth the hassle not getting any service completed when I make the follow up.

4 REPLIES

Highlighted
They are very slow
Highlighted

I am in the middle of a PCS and USAA has extended the benefit to me. I submitted my orders the first week of september and it took 2-3 days for a response. The benefits kicked in at the start of this months billing cycle for me.

On another note, this is the 3rd PCS where I have requested benefits. I have also received benefits for 4 deployments. I have never had an issue with submitting my orders and getting a response within 2 -3 days. You should call them again and ask for a supervisor to call you back.

Highlighted
Monday is the 7 day mark and I plan to give them a call. I will request a call back from a supervisor. Thanks for the input. I has already been slow, but I am looking forward to it starting!!!!
Highlighted

Hi Welder,

I asked a member service representative to look into your account details and, It looks like your benefits were approved! If you have any further issues please give us a call at 210-531-USAA (8722). Thank you for posting here in the community.