Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I won't bore people with my opinion on USAA sponsoring the NFL.  I have asked several time for USAA to disclose our $$$ that go to the NFL for the "honor" of being a sponsor.   They won't.  So instead I would merely ask that USAA inquire with their members who wants support of the NFL to continue.  Just imagine if all that money went to support Active Duty base activities?  Or Ronald McDonald houses?  Or VFW's?  It would likely be better marketing spend.  But I am guessing USAA management doesn't care.  I know....if I don't like it then quit the bank....but I would rather my voice be heard....or at least ignored with apologies....

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Don't understand why you would ask USAA, valued at $35.3 billion in 2019, to disclose advertising $'s spent on one of their clients-NFL.  Or, ask USAA to seek approval from its' members on any or all decisions on how to grow the company's business profitability.  I've been with USAA much longer than you and, I am very proud that they have reached this pinnacle of advertising success.  In regards to charity, USAA has recently given 30 million $'s to dozens of non-profits through the Military Family Relief Initiative.  And, returned 1.07 billion $'s to USAA members, many of whom greatly needed the financial help.  I've found USAA employees and management to be caring, open, responsive, polite and willing to go above and beyond.  Your voice is heard.  You are bringing your dissatisfaction to a USAA community site read by members and USAA staff & management alike.  USAA does not need to apologize.  You may not agree with all of their decisions but, looking over the past several decades, their business decisions have been sound, as evident with membership growth and a very healthy business model.  

Highlighted

As a 50 year member of USAA I concur with Just ask "our" members,

It is long, long past time for USAA to stop paying the NFL.

Give the money back to the members or to a reputable organization that helps military members and thier families not one that constantly discredits everything we served for.

“That’s a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover,” the Dallas Cowboys legend said.

“That’s your hard-earned money and your tax dollars at work,” Buck replies with an over-the-top, comical tone.

“That stuff ain’t happening with a Kamala-Biden ticket, I’ll tell you that right now, partner,” Aikman says, perhaps sarcastically, with an over-emphasis on the “podner.”

The U.S. military has long paid sports leagues for flyovers and in-game tributes to servicemen and women, which have often appeared to unknowing fans to be authentic, homegrown tributes by their home team.

The use of flyovers and the integration of military public relation stunts have been a persistent issue for critics, especially in the NFL.