Tc1984
Contributor
I can’t see why you won’t drop the NFL. Listen to your customers. Drop the sponsorship!

3 REPLIES

TC, I agree totally. 

I am a 40 year member with two brothers and a father who also served in the military and I am simply horrified that USAA hasn't dropped thier NFL sponsorship.  Even worse was USAA giving some rediculous excuse which amounts to it wanting to air patriotic commercials!   

So here what I have concluded:

• What would get the NFL's attention most is not USAA simply continuing to send them money but instead dropping it's sponsorship!
  • USAA does not really care about it's customers, if they did they would be listening and they clearly are not!
  • Since USAA does not care about what we say, maybe they will care about we do. I am taking the following actions and encourage others to do the same.
  • Step 1:  If USAA does not revoke thier sponsorship by the end of this week, I am cutting up my USAA credit cards and I would recommend others do the same.
  • Step 2:  If USAA does not revoke thier sponsorship by the end of next week, I am cancelling all my insurance with them and finding a new provider and recommend others to the same.

Come on USAA, please just listen to your customers!

Coolest - We are listening and we do hear you. We appreciate your long term membership and your opinion. Please know that all comments are shared with our leadership. USAA advertising is intended to educate military and member prospects about USAA products and services, and is placed within programming that is popular with our military, veterans and their families. Advertising during NFL games allows USAA to reach a broad military audience, including those who are currently serving. Research indicates that 78% of active duty military are NFL fans, with 36% naming NFL as their favorite sport. We are more successful in our advertising when we target programs our members watch. Thank you for voicing your concerns and joining the discussion. - Jason

Tc1984 - At USAA, we strongly believe it is an honor to stand during the national anthem. Our purpose in becoming a league sponsor was to honor and appreciate the military community, and that will continue to be our focus. Professional football continues to be among the most watched programming and through our sponsorship, an avenue for us to encourage America to join us in saying “thank you” to our military and their families.  We have no plans to end our role as the Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the NFL. The NFL provides a great platform through which we can raise awareness about and appreciation for America’s military and their families. - Jason