Highlighted

I agree 100% - my dad, who loved football and USAA must be rolling in his grave!

My dad was a career Air Force officer and I married an Army officer.  We have been USAA members for more than 51 years and my parents were members almost since USAA's beginning.  Many of our 8 children are USAA members as well.  We are all saddened bu USAA's decision not to withdraw sponsorship of the NFL.

We are proud of Alejandro Villanueva!  Please honor his service and support his couragous stand!  With USAA's withdrawal of sponsorship maybe the NFL owners will come to their senses and hold the players to their contracts which require them to be on the field when we salute our nation's flag and play the national anthem. The owners have the right to fire players who do not obey the rules in the contract they signed.  All they are lacking is the will to do just that.  As more fans leave and sponsors quit they just might find the will power they need.

How dare Roger Goodell whine about "a lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players"!  My dad taught me to respect the flag, the national anthem and those who died keeping us free not the NFL or the game!!!!

The players all have the right to free speech and are free to express their opinions on their own time - not in the workplace - not while the national anthem is being sung.  How many folks do you know who would not be in trouble for protesting at work?

Highlighted

USAA can support the miliitary or the NFL, not both.  Let's see which they choose.

Highlighted

They are sitting on the fence like all the other companies because they'd rather not offend 'the other side' cuz would hurt financially!

Highlighted

I will be closing all my accounts and insurance with USAA. 

Happy to come back once they pull their support from the NFL.

Highlighted

I have been a faithful member of USAA for 51 years and always thought I would be a member until my end.  But the disrespect for the Flag of this nation and it's Nationl Anthem is totally un acceptable.  You might as well burn the flag.  I have contacted another insurance company and will be going with them.  I can only vote with my dollars.  Silence is not an option, I agree.  Talking with a rep is like talking to a wall.  They have been given the party line to express and that only.  It seems like the bottom line for this company is more important than respect for this nation.  I done.

Highlighted

I agree USAA should drop all sponsorship for nfl.

until USAA drops it sponsoring of nfl, i am researching a replacement for USAA.

Highlighted

As a 54 year member of USAA, I will be dropping my auto, home, umbrella and all other insurance with USAA if USAA does not drop their sponsorship of the NFL.

Mbr # 0*****7

Moderator Note: For the protection of your privacy, this post has been edited.

Highlighted
Fed Up! Stop supporting NFL or I’m leaving too after +20 years. We all need to stand up and support what we believe in with our $’s!!’
Highlighted

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

TRANSFER OUT YOUR FUNDS! ITS THE ONLY WAY USAA WILL LISTEN.

AMICA insurance rated HIGHER THAN USAA on consumer reports!

GOODBYE USAA! KEEP YOUR THUG SUPPORT!

https://www.amica.com/en.html

Highlighted

USAA should not be advertising during football games, but not for the reasons you state.  They should avoid supporting violent, aggressive, injurious “sports”, which causes participants permanent brain damage as well as chronic, disabling injuries.  Why would an insurance company want to promote such a dangerous and high risk activity, whose players are often uncontrollably violent, abusive to women, frequent law breakers, and highly litigious?

Honestly, I don’t understand why USAA spends so much money on TV advertising anyway.  I doubt there are many people who are eligible for USAA membership who don’t already know about USAA and what it offers.  It is very common knowledge in every military community, and members let their children know that they can continue with USAA as adults.  I suppose USAA is trying to increase business for USAA Federal Savings Bank, which by law can not restrict membership, and the products the bank pushes.  It irritates me every time I see a USAA ad during any TV program.  That’s money that could have been used to increase our yearly rebate!  I wonder if USAA has any hard data regarding the benefits of TV advertising.  It sure seems to get a lot of members upset, for a variety of reasons.  Is it worth it?