Top Contributor

The disrespect the NFL has shown to our flag and country over the past year has been criticized by the President, the Vice President, 4-Star Military Officers, and thousands of USAA members have sent messages to USAA encouraging them to end their sponsorship of the NFL.

The latest chapter of the NFL saga is that the NFL players / political activists have now secured one hundred million dollars from the owners and sponsors to donate to their special programs, each of which is run by their special people, and none of which includes any veterans related charities.

After a year of this disrespect, USAA continues to associate its military member base with the NFL, USAA continues to use our military member funds to sponsor the NFL, and USAA continues to provide no transparency to its members regarding the scope of its NFL sponsorship. Despite all that, USAA continues to advertise itself as "The Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the NFL".

The one thing this Petition will accomplish is to let our combined voices be heard that we the members of USAA place our core military values of "Duty, Honor, Country" above the corporate values of "Profit, Agenda, Advertising".

NFL PETITION STATEMENT

This Petition calls upon USAA to immediately end its sponsorship of the NFL and to redirect those funds to reputable veterans charities.

Additionally, USAA should stop it's military related advertising since it obviously does not share or support the core values of its military member base.

RetiredArmy2011
10-11-2017 11:38 AM
Obviously, the BOD does not support or agree with the membership. I think this petition needs to be expanded to include a call for immediately replacing the BOD. IAW Article II, Section 2, a Special Meeting may be called if a petition signed by 1 percent of the members of USAA  exists. I propose that this petition be expanded to call for a Special Meeting to not only force a stop to the NFL sponsorship and advertising, but also to replace the Board of Directors, who obviously have forgotten that they work for the membership.

United We Stand,
485 USAA Members

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".
President John F. Kennedy

PETITION INSTRUCTIONS

If you agree with the Petition Statement then please tap the "Reply" square just below at the bottom of this page and provide a short comment so we have your "call sign" for counting purposes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUPPORTING ATTACHMENTS:
Page 1: Comments from our Political and Military Leaders on the NFL protests
Page 2: Member comments encouraging USAA to stop it's military advertising
Page 3: One page of petition member comments will be included with each daily post of this petition
Page 4: Petition appreciation comments
Page 5: Gold Star Family comments

The entire list of NFL Petition member comments will be provided to USAA upon request.

END OF PETITION

6 REPLIES

COMMENTS FROM THE LEADERSHIP ON THE NFL

FoxSports
Published November *
Headline: Trump continues to complain about the NFL

The president says: "The American public is fed up with the disrespect the NFL is paying to our Country, our Flag and our National Anthem. Weak and out of control!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FoxNews.com
Published October *
Headline: Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players kneel during anthem

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence tweeted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honolulu Star Advertiser 
Dec 7th, 2016
Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
75th Anniversary Ceremony of the Attack on Pearl Harbor
Headline: Admiral's national anthem remark scores with Pearl Harbor audience

"You can bet that the men and women we honor today and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played."

SAMPLE OF MEMBER COMMENTS ENCOURAGING USAA TO STOP ITS MILITARY ADVERTISING

1Forrest
USAA no longer supports or represents military personnel or veterans so please stop with the false advertising.

Disappointed77
11-13-2017 03:36 PM
I wish USAA would stop saying that they represent the military, because they really don't.

jommyb84
11-10-2017 04:41 PM
First off, you do not sponsor a company that openly disrespects military members because you want to show appreciation to the military. This sponsorship is and always has been about increasing the member base, it is about MONEY, not MEMBERS OR THE MILITARY so please stop.

HokeAJ
09-25-2017 09:43 PM
A salute to service from an organization made up of people that do not show even basic respect when the anthem is played is more like a middle finger to any person that has ever served.  You either stand with your members, the VFW, the American Legion or you kneel with a bunch of overpaid, disrespectful, and ignorant jocks that are paid to perform.  There is no middle ground

Meri'ca
11-22-2017 07:03 AM
USAA supporting this manipulation of the American people at the expense of the flag and this great country is absurd. Your bank is in a commercial the other day next to the NFL symbol, physically made me sick. Disgusting- For veterans? For profit?.
A angry veteran.

Defendor
10-06-2017 09:23 AM
Watching the pro (fake) military USAA commercials make me sick.  We (USAA members) know the truth. 

td7979
11-20-2017 07:10 PM
USAA is supporting the NFL's degradation of our flag.   USAA has since taken advantage of the military for the mighty dollar.  They know it.  I'm just a USAA-used so called 'member'.  Give me a call at * if you want more on their scam ....

Oh, say can you see
10-11-2017 07:21 AM
USAA, there is no Honor or Appreciation in your message to Veterans like myself, USAA is a disgrace!!

Chief MAA
11-13-2017 06:30 AM
They lie lie lie. USAA is a scam against Military, taking advantage of Military and Veterans.

USA-for-Life
10-07-2017 08:24 PM
USAA.....You have violated our trust.

Patriotism
11-13-2017 06:08 AM
Was already so disappointed in USAA over their love for the NFL and lack of support for us that served. The pro military stuff you send out adds insult to injury.

Kman919
11-21-2017 12:46 PM
I am shocked that USAA continues to support the NFL. It must come down to one thing for USAA - MONEY. Not love of country, not honor for those who have served and died and certainly not the core values of loyalty, duty, respect, personal courage, honor, integrity and selfless service. USAA has now shown its true colors. They claim to support the military and to have the same core values, BUT they have now demonstrated that it is an ACT. They put on this act, so they can make MONEY. USAA appears to be no better than any other financial services company that claims to support the military. USAA - if you disagree with this comment - demonstrate it by discontinuing your support of the NFL.

DrNASA
With respect to USAA's sponsorship of the NFL and USAA leadership's refusal to listen to or acknowledge the voice of its members - we will be requesting through our US congressional representatives that USAA not be given privileged access to members of the military or the military academies, ROTC or military training schools or US military bases to find new members among the United States military venues. Such access by an organization that encourages public humiliation, dishonor and disrespect to our Armed Forces is unacceptable and they should not have unique access to our armed service members to find a new business and then to distribute that financial resource to activities such as the NFL.
Page 1 of 23
NFL PETITION
USAA MEMBER COMMENTE

Love our Country
10-06-2017 06:06 AM
USAA, stop supporting the NFL who disrespects our country, flag, anthem and the men and woman who've died for our freedoms or I'll take my country loving business elsewhere. 

IronPatriot
10-06-2017 06:16 AM
I am taking a stand and asking USAA to do the same. We are offended by those who are not only disrespecting the active and non-active military personnel, but also trying to shame other patriotic Americans by there actions. enough is enough with the attacks on this great nation we live in. Dump the NFL.

Sfb1995
10-06-2017 08:26 AM
I'm all in. In the past 2 years, I moved $2 of investments away from USAA. 3 days ago I cancelled my credit card and finally, I have an appointment with my financial advisor (Semmax Financial) who loves God and Country so I can move my remaining funds. Stuart Parker is a coward. If he wasn't, he would proudly and loudly explain why USAA continues to sponsor the NFL.

Pkirkll
10-06-2017 08:59 AM
Dunderheads!

SnipeWife
10-06-2017 09:02 AM
I agree with this petition and ask the executives at USAA to reconsider their decision to sponsor the NFL. It goes against the core beliefs of your membership.

Defendor
10-06-2017 09:23 AM
I agree with this petition.  This has gone on for far to long.  Executive change must happen.  My wife and I have opened up a new account with a local credit union, transferred direct deposit and will have vacated accounts by the end of Oct.  Watching the pro (fake) military USAA commercials make me sick.  We (USAA members) know the truth.  We demand change!

10-06-2017 10:20 AM
I agree with this petition. I will be actively looking for another bank and insurance company in the next few days.

Al20
10-06-2017 10:57 AM
Agreed, the protests by the NFL are very disrespectful to those who have served, currently serving and their families.  The NATIONAL ANTHEM is not the right platform to protest and the NFL has clearly sent the message they don’t care if they are disrespecting the military and they are going to continue to use the National Anthem as their platform rather than changing platforms.  USAA - Please stand with us. 

DivingDoc
10-06-2017 11:00 AM
Listen to your members! Do not use one penny to support the overpaid, hypocritical crybabies of the NFL and their players association

AFFather
10-06-2017 11:44 AM
Every company makes a mistake, it's how you recover from poor decisions and move on that is the true test. PLEASE pull NFL ads immediately and respect the wishes of your members before we take our business and loyalty elsewhere.

COCHISE1992
10-05-2017 03:01 PM
If USAA cannot stand for the flag by pulling ads from the NFL, then I will take all my business somewhere else. Shame on the USAA leadership. You need to be fired.

Perdido5
10-05-2017 03:12 PM
Stop sponsorship on NFL. This 40 yr member is disappointed in your leadership. The CEO needs to make a statement on his decision.

Colinsdad
10-05-2017 03:13 PM
It's PAINFULLY obvious that there NEEDS to be a change somewhere, or, you're not going to have ANY members to deal with. From this NFL quagmire to, even more importantly, the absolutely mediocre service given to we members, you're hemorrhaging customers at an alarming rate! I used to be a rah rah guy for USAA,but now, I'm looking elsewhere to do my business. If you're curious about my predicament, feel free to peruse the "You guys STINK" post here.

Mauian
10-05-2017 03:46 PM
I will share it with all who I know are members of USAA.  

TripleG1
10-05-2017 04:55 PM
USAA has forgot who butters their bread! Well said!

Shawn1791
10-05-2017 05:19 PM
I agree, they have made their choice that the nfl is more important than us members, I have made my choice my country is more important! I am one of the many leaving usaa!

theA_bomb
10-05-2017 05:30 PM
Currently deployed with a lot of things to do but I'll make time to change banks if USAA doesn't do something soon.

Matty4
10-05-2017 05:32 PM
If USAA continues to support the NFL over it’s members at least do so honestly. Replace the picture of the little girl hugging her father on your site with NFL kneelers.

GoBroncos
10-05-2017 05:46 PM
Shame on USAA "leadership".  As a 38 year member I've closed my investments, will do so on Visa card, and shopping for all of my home and auto insurance.  Enough stonewallings and liberal excuses.  Out!

Gbolden
10-05-2017 05:54 PM
Over paid pampered players shouldn’t be allowed to disgrace the flag. USAA needs to drop the NFL. Surely they can find other sponsors more worthy.

Member since '95
10-05-2017 06:20 PM
Here is a link to their marketing committee page in the bylaws.
USAA Marketing Committee

CobraSnake
10-05-2017 07:13 PM
Boy, just astounded at the tone deafness of the executive committee.  The NFL no longer deserves to be funded with USAA dollars.  If they continue to stonewall the membership I will also pull my assets out of USAA.  To bad but I cannot stomach this much longer. 

Montana member
10-05-2017 07:20 PM
Couldn't agree more with this petition. If USSA doesn't reflect the views of its members....what's the point of membership?

imac61
10-05-2017 08:52 PM
cant wait till election time,,,

mom03
10-04-2017 06:04 PM
Well said!! Thank you !

Stand United
10-04-2017 06:04 PM
USAA Members are not taking issue with whatever the topic is the players are protesting, we are taking issue with the manner in which the players are protesting. Combine that thought with USAA's unique affiliation with the US Military, and you would think most people would understand USAA telling the NFL that whenever you get back to only playing football let us know and we'll reconsider starting our Sponsorship again.

SKFly
10-05-2017 06:09 AM
There comes a time in every command that a error in judgment occurs. A poor commander trudges through, continuing even though the error is realized. An effective commander uses wisdom and alters course, changing the operation with the realization of the error. The command of USAA is at a crossroads. The decision may decide whether the organization survives. Commander, it’s time to change course, stay with your team and not the NFL. We are members of USAA and we can see the possibility of a sinking ship even if you cannot.
It is time to seek out new leadership. A board that has shared values. I cannot imagine what the current board is thinking or the contractual obligation they have with the NFL. The pain of not changing is going to get intense in my opinion.

Susan B Anthony
10-04-2017 06:14 PM
The board of directors are elected to one year terms at the Annual General meeting, which always is sometime within the first 90 days of the calendar year.  They in turn elect all the officers of the company. Perhaps the time for members to constructively influence the company is at the annual general meeting.

Two4hooking
10-06-2017 02:42 PM
Drop the nfl. The military members like me are still here and still not happy. I was about to open another life insurance policy for my son, but i think I'll wait and see how this plays out.
SAMPLE OF MEMBER COMMENTS SHOWING APPRECIATION FOR THE PETITION

To make my point here is a small sample of the type of comments you receive when you support your personnel and communicate with them.

USAF_Ret
11-21-2017 11:59 AM
Stand United,
Thank you for all the efforts you made to express our concerns over USAA's decision to continue supporting the NFL and its players during a political statement at our expense for their profit. It's too bad that USAA's leadership failed to show the same toughness in temporarily suspending its support to the NFL.

Disappointed77
11-13-2017 03:36 PM
I would like to thank "Stand United" and all the others who have made a tremendous effort to try to make USAA realize their NFL sponsorship is disgraceful to America and our veterans.

kbsa2000
I'm with you Stand United. It's time to change the overhead bulbs. They've grown dim and self serving.

FLAG STILL WAVES
10-14-2017 12:11 AM
I am with Stand United. We stand silent no longer. Time to become the vocal majority.

Jalibb1
12-11-2017 08:13 PM
Thanks United. I often wonder how much more our suscribers payment would be were it not for usaas payments to the nfl. There is malfeasance here and it will, one day, come to light. Remember there are three things that will always reveal itself in the darkness.... The sun, the moon, and the Truth.

MarkLFPMD
11-23-2017 09:28 PM
I agree with stand united.

Eli101
11-07-2017 05:27 PM
Dear Stand United,
Thank you.

Scottie4
11-04-2017 05:57 PM
I'm with you 100%. 50 year member.

Navy veteran vietnam
11-04-2017 09:49 AM
I stand with you my brothers

sluggo05
10-30-2017 01:01 PM
Thanks to all who have put this together.  Unless the members unite to elect a new Board of Directors, senior management will not change. 

Desperado26
10-17-2017 07:57 PM
COL (Name) / FULLY CONCUR WITH THE PETITION.  Its only something many of my precious troops died for. 
COL (Name) OUT  God Bless
GOLD STAR MEMBER COMMENT

Tamp Girl
11-17-2017 05:55 PM
I have had the sad experience of being handed a folded flag. None of those players on that field can understand how that feels. They are able to play a game and get paid overinflated salaries because service members are willing to die to protect our rights. I hope USAA will consider suspending their financial support of an organization that clearly does not respect them.

I don't stand with Trump (liar mostly, predator suggested, idiot always) or with Fox news (very one sided just like the others).  However, I do stand with those who say USAA should pull support of the NFL until the players stand or the owners support our country and do like regular employers - here are the rules, follow them or get fired.  I don't care how much you make or how big your ego is, we should support those who support the country unless they are a politician, because they support whoever has the money.