Highlighted
Regular Contributor
One of the first evidences of a real lady, is that she should be modest. By modesty we mean that she shall not say, do, nor wear anything that would cause her to appear gaudy, ill-bred, or unchaste. There should be nothing about her to attract unfavorable attention, nothing in her dress or manner that would give a man an excuse for vulgar comment. When we dress contrary to the rule of modesty we give excuse for unwholesome thoughts in the mind of those who look upon us, and every girl who oversteps these bounds makes herself liable to misunderstanding and insult, though she may be innocent of any such intention

17 REPLIES

Highlighted
I think women who have it should wear whatever they want and what is comfortable to them. Women disrespect themselves by being modest and throwing on some sweats to go out in public. And speech is a freedom I'm sure they can say what they want. And judging people you don't know seems a little hypocritical to me.
Highlighted

Immodest dress and  speech is disrespectful of those who have to view or hear you !

Highlighted
It's like the old question, "Do you lock your house to keep people out, or to protect what's inside?" Should a person act modestly and dress modestly in order to prevent intrusion from the outside, undesirable things from happening, or to preserve and maintain what is inside: the delicate and sensitive ability to have and maintain an intimate relationship.
Highlighted
But like I said she can be innocent ... But base on the way the women carrys her self some times is how the man treats her not saying is right... .. But most men respond to the way women carry them selfs
Highlighted

@Thehumbleone     Please grow up and take your old-fashioned 'modesty rules' with you as you leave.  You obviously have some seriously outdated ideas about how a woman should dress and how to treat her. To me, that screams that you are the type of person to abuse someone physically if they so dare to Disrespect YOU by doing something that you do not approve of.

Oh, wait... Did I judge you based upon something without having further knowledge of the type of person you truly are??? How wrong of me!! 

Yet you sit there, hidden behind a keyboard and computer screen and baselessly judge everyone that you deem to dress immodestly.

Get over yourself or move out of the US. I will wear what I want, when I want... Now, there are some things I do not approve of: for example, a woman of size should not be wearing things that would cover someone else (ie a pair of spandex pants in a large does not work on someone that is really a 3XL.) And being a woman of size, I do realize the limitations of what that can mean.

At the same time, I live in the South and if I want to wear a sleeveless T-shirt or tank top, that fits well, I will do so and no MAN is going to tell me that I am not allowed to do that. I am an adult. I make my own choices. I've paid my debt to society by writing a blank check payable to the United States of America.  Luckily for me, that check was not made due and I can enjoy the freedoms that I once actively defended.

So I dare you Thehumbleone, to come and stand before me to cast thy stones. I guarantee that I can fire them back just as quickly as you can throw them because it also says in that book you like to quote so much: Judge not lest ye be judged.

Highlighted
Hey I wasn't judging anyone.. I was just stating my opinion and to be honest these laws giving to Moses is only for the people of Isreal ... All I was doing was just saying what I feel .. Not saying things should be that way I'm not the Christ when he comes he will establish the laws of Earth if you don't agree with me that's find .. But condemning me by saying I'm judging people is another thing .. I will never go up to a person and tell them what they should wear I will just say what I feel is modesty ... They can take my advise or not.. And I'm still serving my country and by the way I'm a female ... So please in sorry if I offended anyone it was never my attention i was just trying to spread something I feel is healthy
For the spirit

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1p_ibAG1Vjo

Here I am .. Forgive me for any offense
Highlighted

You are right on the money and you do not have to apologize for what you know is right! God will bless you inspite of what the world may have to say. The world will always be in opposition to anything  good. 

Highlighted
Maybe we should be teaching our sons how to properly treat a woman instead of shaming a woman for what she wears.
Highlighted
O.k so let's just leave our doors open to our house and raise our children better .. Teach them not to steal or invade people privacy .....but the truth I tell you there is one who is coming who will teach this and bring the human race back to its perfect state ... Where a women wouldn't have to cover her self and a man wouldn't have to lock his door but until then is how we will have to live ... Why will you secure your money but not service your women secure your house up but not your women ..