Looking for a Job? Military Career Events in October

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Attention Veterans! Are you in the market for your next career move after the military? Then USAA wants to talk to YOU! USAA will be at the below events throughout the month of October. Stop on by and talk to a recruiter about your next career! 4-Oct-12 4:00-7:00p.m. Employment Readiness Program 3060 Stanley Road, Building 2797 Fort Sam Houston San Antonio, TX 4-Oct-12 11:00-3:00p.m. Recruit Military Tampa Raymond James Stadium 4116 N. Himes Avenue Tampa, FL 33607 11-Oct-12 11:00-2:00p.m. National Career Fair -San Antonio Omni San Antonio Hotel 9821 Colonnade Blvd San Antonio, TX 78230 18-Oct-12 9:30-3:30p.m. SA Express News Norris Conference Center 4522 Fredericksburg Rd. San Antonio, TX 18-Oct-12 11:00-3:00p.m. Recruit Military Phoenix University of Phoenix Stadium 1 Cardinals Drive Glendale (Greater Phoenix Area), AZ 85305 26-Oct-12 12:00-3:00p.m. MacDill AFB Job Fair Surf Club (On Base) Address given once regtd. Tampa, FL 31-Oct-12 10:00-2:00p.m. Diversity Job Fair-Phoenix Crowne Plaza Hotel-Phoenix Airport 4300 East Washington Phoenix, AZ 85034 Hope to see you there!

4 REPLIES

Highlighted
Will the military recruit on 11 Oct 12 be fore both military vets and civilians? I'm a vet in school for Finance and Management at NAU and my roommate is also. He is not a veteran but he wanted to go to the job fair, is it open for him as well?
Highlighted

My name is Dale Morin and I have received conflicting information about the event tomorrow. This notice states that the event is to be held at the University of Phoenix Stadium, but yesterday I was told that the event would be held at the Phoenix Office at One Noteria Dr. in north Phoenix.  Which is true? Secondly, I am conflicted as to whether we need to pre-apply for an appointment or invitation.  Could you clarify this for me.

Dale Morin

XXXXXXXX

Due to moderation guidelines your email address has been removed. 

Highlighted

Toy FAC,

Our apologies, by the time this was moderated and sent to the correct department we had missed the deadline of the event. The event was this past weekend and we missed the opportunity to provide in time information. We are working to get the details for the event website and will update the thread with the link once we have it. The event website should have all the specific details outlined. 

Thank you.

Highlighted

Thank you for your response, but I was able to discover the details of the Job Fair in time to make reservations.  I attended the Fair and was very pleased with the tour and the information provided. I am conflicted, however, about one area.  I talked to a couple of people who were guiding the tour and they indicated there were some "part-time" positions that are filled at USAA, but when I talked to one of the supervisors, they said that USAA does not have any part-time positions.  I am 74 and although I did work full time for Lowe's HIW for several months, the grueling effort of being on my feet constantly and on concrete really took its toll.  My questions remains about part-time employment and if USAA has any such positions available now or in the future.  Thank you for your information.  I await to hear your response. 

Dale Morin