I will be a USAA Member for LIFE,if they will still have me ;)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have been a USAA member for over 20 years thanks to my Father's service in the Navy. I had never had a significant claim until recently when my Hail\Wind damaged roof needed replacement and the wheel of my brand new (to me) Ford F150 came off on the highway. USAA has been amazing throughout the entire process! The notion that larger Insurance companies just treat you like a number on an 800 line is just not the case with USAA. In both claims, Auto and Homeowners, I felt a genuine personal touch from reporting (and towing) to Inspection to the entire Claims process. There was no fighting or bickering to get things covered, no challanges with being made whole like you see on the TV regarding cut rate insurance. In fact, when you speak to your adjuster, it becomes clear that they are acting as your advocate, not tryng to see how little can be paid. In both of my claims I opted to use USAA approved vendors which meant that anything they discovered above and beyond the initial estimate would simply be added on as a suppliment and paid without the need of pre-authorization or plea. USAA has excellent technology as well, utilizing email and text message updates, a powerful and tool rich Website and an easy to use claims communication center. There are a series of  commercials out there talking about customers getting dropped by Insurance companies for making a claim, I am not even concerned in the least about this situation with USAA and am confident that I will remain a custome for life. I would wager that my rates wont even go up even after 2 claims in a 3 month period.

Thanks Dad for your service and Thanks USAA for you customer service excellence!

Special Shout out to Rick Smith (Supervisor) for taking the time to listen as well as Kyle Forson and Danielle Anslow.

6 REPLIES

Highlighted
Thanks for sharing
Highlighted

I am so glad that finally USAA is doing the right thing. Maybe now, they will look at my claim and do the right thing and stop this nonsence so that my family and I can get on with ours lives.

Highlighted

ReggieL: Please contact USAA if you need to by following this link: https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/social_response_form?source=community

You can also call 1-800-531-8722 to speak directly with a Representative at USAA who can look into the specifics of your claim.

Thank You for posting on the Member Community!

Highlighted
You are an anomaly these days. I can't get them to reply to my requests for copies of my policies. They've been a nightmare to deal with on a claim from an accident that I didn't cause. I've been a member for over 30 years - my service. After this is all settled, I'll be looking for another company.
Highlighted

AlwaysHonest: Thank You for your post on the Member Community!

You should be able to download copies of your policies by logging into USAA.com. They get posted there automatically and get updated each time you reach the policy end date and renew.

If you haven't done so already, please submit your feedback to the following: https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/social_response_form?source=community

Hope this helps! Please let me know either way!

Highlighted

Dear JonFWiener: Thank You for your your kind words!