Joey4drinks
Contributor
Does it bother me they are protesting the anthem? Yes. Would I rather have politics left out of football? Of course. At the same time it is their right as AMERICAN citizens to protest what they feel is unjust. Most people, not all but most people outraged by the players actions are way to full of themselves. The people angry are the ones walking around telling every civilian they meet "you're welcome for my service".

21 REPLIES

I pity your body, having to walk around with that brain attached!

I also FULLY support their right to protest peacefully, about whatever issue is important to them.  When they're OFF the field!

They do not have the right to protest in the workplace or to use their employers venue as a platform for their message.  What if there were players that were "protesting" in support of any number of caustic organizations?  Should that be OK too?  Would the owner be right to fire them?  Would your employer be OK with you "pitching" a cause to customers?  Protest all you want, just do it on your own time.  

It seems that the people shouting the loudest about the players rights, understand the rights the least.

That is absolutely correct.  The Bill of Rights is not portable and does not follow any employee to their private sector job.  

Great response. 

There is neither oppression nor injustice in the NFL. If the overpaid primadonnas want to protest then they should use there time and their money to leave their mansions and gated communities to go to the areas that they feel are affected by these so called injustices and try to affect change. They should not be using sponsorship and fan time and money to show their discontent with the only country in the world where they could get rich playing a game. They are employees! Plain and simple. As employees they can be made to act in a certain manner while on employer time. The kneeling during the Anthem should stop and community activism should start. Kneeling during the Anthem to promote awareness of social injustice is tantamount to TSA employees going on strike because of rising health care cost....one does not relate or affect the other. Get your head out of the sand and see this for the leftist propoganda that it is.

Techincall, legally and logically correct.  The Constitution was drafted to limit government power.  1sr Amendment rights do not exist in the private sector on company time.  Neither do amendments 2-10.  How do we not know this?

"Does it bother me they are protesting the anthem? Yes. Would I rather have politics left out of football? Of course. At the same time it is their right as AMERICAN citizens to protest what they feel is unjust. Most people, not all but most people outraged by the players actions are way to full of themselves. The people angry are the ones walking around telling every civilian they meet "you're welcome for my service".

Yes it is their Right to protest but they should pick a time when it doesn't slap every citizen in the face. What is their goal? How do they hope to accomplish it by disrespecting out country? If it really is about perceived injustices then let them go into the neighborhoods and do something constructive. All disrespecting our NA does is anger people that love their country.

Joey. You're on our side. You're just a little confused.

Would you still support their right to protest and free speech if they were supporting the KKK? You see, free speech cuts both ways. And no, their 1st Amendment rights do NOT extend into the workplace. Never have and never will. If you are going to champion a particular amendment to further your cause, at least go read what it says and educate yourself on it first.