Administrator
Administrator

Written by Wendy Poling, USAA Community Manager

It’s the time of year for giving to those who the mean the most to us, both near and far. As you are making your Christimas gift giving list and enjoying the holiday season, have you thought about sending a care package to a deployed service member? Sending care packages was part of my routine when my spouse was deployed. Now that he is home, it is a little harder to continue this tradition.

At USAA today, employees came together in one of several events to create 10,000 care packages in partnership with Operation Gratitude to thank American military veterans.

How are you giving back this holiday season?

USAA_Community_Operation_Gratitude_Care_Package_Event13.jpg

Interested in sending a holiday care package to a deployed service member and not sure how? Consider joining the USAA challenge to fill an additional 10,000 care packages by donating items through Operation Gratitude’s AmazonSmile List now through Dec. 15. To donate visit http://usaa.us/2Lu0FbI  or on a desktop visit http://usaa.us/2DPKTDS .

#HonorThroughAction

4 REPLIES

I believe giving back is a daily occurrence. We don't have to give back just on holidays. ST JUDE,CYSTIC FIBROSIS, VETERAN GROUPS and other charitable organizations are always in need. I spent over 20 hours helping a fellow Veteran painting his house, spent two weeks with my military family and what a blessing to be around them. Why do many think that we should only focus on the holidays when need is daily. We help many 501c but who is out helping the individual Veteran not many if he is not affiliated with a 501c, sometimes monetary contributions are not as good  as hard work with projects that provide immediate support to individuals.

I forgot to ask why does USAA only help 501c organizations and not individual veterans who are the core of USAA Financial Gains without those individuals USAA would not blossom.

es@trujillop@q.com, We couldn't agree with you more! Thank you for helping out there and yes every day is the best day to give! ~Tom

True individual veterans not 501c affiliated should be considered with Grant's, sponsorships by USAA.