Highlighted

Our children are the center of our world, and helping ease the stress of having a loved one deployed is at the top of our to-do list! Thankfully, I know of a non-profit organization that is there to help. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. They are Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS). They offer professionally supported one-to-one mentoring services that aim to positively impact the lives of young people. BBBS has taken notice of our unique challenges and when the stress of moving to a new community presents itself, BBBS is there to reconnect you and your family to a new circle of friends. BBBS has been awarded a grant that will allow them to expand their Military Mentoring Program. This Military Mentoring Program is available at nearly 360 agencies nationwide and will serve more than 6,000 children, parents and families across the country. BBBS mentors are a great way to help support our children. Mentors offer great diversions from a loved one being absent, encouragement, support in school, lots of fun and friendship. All of their mentors are screened and go through an extensive background check. They have been in operation for more than 100 years, so they’ve got the process down packed! If this sounds like something you think your child would benefit from, reach out to your local Big Brothers Big Sisters. It doesn’t cost you a dime and it’s easy!!!! Also, if you have extra time on your hands and want to volunteer to be a mentor, they would be happy to have you! To learn more about Big Brothers Big Sisters or for more information on how you can become a mentor, visit www.bbbs.org. Pass the info on and let me know what you think!