Chefvet
Contributor

Thumbs up to Whiskey4. Thanks. Signed up with Navy Federal Credit Union this afternoon. Will be phasing out all of our services with USAA as quickly as I can. MUGAWUMP, def - it sits with its mug on one side of the fence and its wump on the other side of the fence, a.k.a. USAA. Two very important things that I have learned in my 72+ years are that Honor breeds Success and disrespect breeds defeat. and when the day is done, never forget it, but keep the Faith as tomorrow is a new challenge. I salute ALL USA patriot defenders. MAGA

4 REPLIES

Following comment from Twitter.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The NFL National Anthem Debate is alive and well again - can’t believe it! Isn’t it in contract that players must stand at attention, hand on heart? The $40,000,000 Commissioner must now make a stand. First time kneeling, out for game. Second time kneeling, out for season/no pay!

Let’s track one more time who has publicly commented against the NFL protesting.

1. The President of the United States
2. The Vice President of the United States
3. 4 Star Admiral Harris, Retired, current US Ambassador to South Korea
4. 4 Star Admiral McRaven, Retired, Former Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command
5. VFW
6. American Legion
7. American Veterans
8. Thousands of USAA Members

USAA,

“Chefvets” above defined a MUGAWUMP as someone who’s mug is on one side of the fence and their wump is on the other side of the fence. If that’s too confusing, it’s someone who’s words go in one direction and their actions go in the opposite direction.

Also, I wanted to make a correction to a comment I made in an earlier post. I referenced twelve 50-plus year members who said Goodbye, it was actually thirteen. That appears to be the only effective voting tool that we the Members of USAA have after a year of being ignored.

We will all continue to speak freely on this topic within the military community and on many other forums.

Airborne,
Stand United

Unfortunately Stan', the answer to the President's rhetorical question "Isn’t it in contract that players must stand at attention, hand on heart?"  is still currently 'No'.

A lot of us are wanting rules to be implemented with punishments to deter offensive demonstrations by players.

I believe it was reported (don't know if ever confirmed) that USAA signed a 10 year NFL sponsorship deal in 2009?

So, by contract, USAA has the 2018-2019 season left?

And after that, do you really think USAA will continue a relationship with the NFL, even if the league gets the rules and punishments in place for offensive demonstrations?

There wouldn't be any need.

Members on this forum seem quite satisfied for businesses and institutions like PenFed, NFCU and other #1 insurance companies to give money to the NFL for advertising during games on both the national and local level.

Right Stan'?

Or do you have other criteria for deciding when it is acceptable or not acceptable to financially support the NFL?

Maybe military association?

Dear Stand United, thank you so much for your post. Our goal is to ensure that members are able to have engaging and relevant conversations in Member Community. To help facilitate this, we routinely review and if appropriate, move posts to a more relevant topic board. While doing a recent review, your post was moved from the Military Life area to the Other area. This best practice allows members to find the most relevant content in each topic board and helps improve the Community experience for all members. If you have any questions or need help finding your post, please let us know. Thank you. - Rhonda

That is a perfect example of the moral compass setting of USAA. A member of the NFL community can tell a flat out lie that there is no rule requiring NFL players to stand during the National Anthem and implying that our President of the United States is making an inaccurate statement and the USAA moderator leaves the lie of the NFL member.

But let a Retired Army Officer try to correct that lie with the NFL’s own policy statement and the moderator deletes my comment out of the post.

What is in violation of USAA policy guidelines with correcting a lie with a factual statement and showing that our President was correct?

NFL’s Operations Manual Rules:
"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

USAA has become a ship adrift at sea with no moral compass.

USAA deletes member comments, they move posts out of the public viewing section, they quiet members with their bumping paragraph, and they disconnect members at will.

Does all of that sound like the actions of a Company that advertises itself as being one of the most ethical companies in America?

Hey Rhonda of USAA Social Services: Thanks for your standard paragraph. Here, I have a standard paragraph for you below.

Airborne,
Stand United

Federal Trade Commission
Bureau of Consumer Protection

The Federal Trade Commission launched a web page highlighting the work of the agency’s new Military Task Force, which is aimed at identifying the needs of military consumers and developing initiatives to empower servicemembers, veterans, and their families, including through law enforcement actions.
The Military Task Force, comprised of a cross-section of agency representatives, is part of the FTC’s ongoing and collaborative effort to provide resources for the military community.

In 2016, there were more than 100,000 consumer complaints from servicemembers, their dependents, military retirees and veterans, according to data compiled by the FTC. About two-thirds of the complaints were from retirees and veterans.

“Servicemembers devote their lives to protecting us, so it’s incumbent on us to protect them,” said FTC Acting Chairman Maureen K. Ohlhausen. “This task force will work on identifying the needs of military consumers and work on several initiatives to address those needs.”

For more information, visit: ftc.gov/militarytaskforce

The Federal Trade Commission works to promote competition, and protect and educate consumers. You can learn more about consumer topics and file a consumer complaint online or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357).

CONTACT INFORMATION
MEDIA CONTACT:
Nicole Jones
(link sends e-mail)

Office of Public Affairs
202-326-2565
STAFF CONTACTS:
Svetlana Gans
202-326-3708;

Carole Reynolds
202-326-3230; and

Carol Kando-Pineda