Gold Star Mother’s Day, September 30th, with Gold Star Mother Comments

Highlighted
Top Contributor
Gold Star Mother’s Day is observed on the last Sunday of September each year. It is a day for people to recognize and honor those who have lost a son or daughter while serving the United States Armed Forces. Gold Star Mother’s have spoken on this forum:

GaSouthernBelle
11-03-2017 08:07 AM
My husband has been a member for about 45 years and I have for over 35 years. When we became members all you offered was car insurance. My husband has been a law enforcement officer for 44 years and counting.

Our oldest son gave up his dream of pitching baseball after * and joined the Air Force. Not long before he had completed his tour we lost him. He was buried on * .

Our youngest son felt called to join the Army. So after graduating early we signed the papers so he could enlist. Right after turning 18 he was sent to Afghanistan. When he was wounded a 2nd time he was a SSGT, had held a couple of his military brothers as they left this world. After returning to the States he was told that he would be disabled forever.

When the NFL kneels...they might as well be spitting in my husband and my children’s faces. And spitting on my son’s grave!! And for y’all to sponsor them...says you agree with them. Please reconsider which side you want to be on... the one who supports it’s members or the one who’s going to lose it’s members. God blessed America I just pray He saves her.

Tamp Girl
11-17-2017 05:55 PM
I have had the sad experience of being handed a folded flag. None of those players on that field can understand how that feels. They are able to play a game and get paid overinflated salaries because service members are willing to die to protect our rights. I hope USAA will consider suspending their financial support of an organization that clearly does not respect them.