My ex husband was discharged from the Army with and Under Honorable General Status. Does that mean that we do not qualify for USAA Insurance products and services?

I was also told that if a have a parent who served honorable over 30 years, that I could qualify for USAA benefits, however, I have been unsuccessful in getting approved either way. Does the parent have to have USAA coverage for the family members to qualify?


Hi Austin's finest! USAA membership and products are available to military members, veterans who have an honorable discharge and their eligible family members. These eligibility requirements were established so we could enforce fair and objective criteria for membership. In regards to parents serving in the military, in order for the child to then be eligible, the parent must have first established his/ her membership by joining USAA. If you have questions, call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722.Thank you! -Marisa