Highlighted

I just signed up for a USAA Account with a General Under Honorable conditions discharge. I was separated from the Service for MST(Military S e x u a l Trauma ) and I don't understand why I am not eligible for an account or even Auto Insurance through USAA. 

I get all of my VA benefits for this specific incident and the men that did this still continue to serve. I dont understand why the victim has so much trouble. I served my country just like anyone else and I dont understand how I am denied benefits 

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

KyNLa, I understand you have concerns regarding eligibility with USAA. I am sorry to hear about your experience while serving. I'm sure this is difficult for you. I understand you receive VA benefits; however, prospects whose discharge type is General Under Honorable conditions are not eligible for membership. I sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact us at 1-800-531-8722 and request New Member Solutions for assistance. They are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT and Saturday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CT. Thank you. - Rhonda

Highlighted
This is very shocking to me that your discharge want let you get an account. What about the individuals who get chaptered out and already has a USAA membership? I know for a fact that you'll hired a individual who get chaptered for drug use. Not understanding this at all, do you'll have a membership book that explains theses types of things? If so can I get a copy of that.
Highlighted

Postal Kid, in order to maintain our status as membership insurers, we're required to apply our membership criteria un a uniform and consistent manner. If you would like to discuss further please contact our New Member Solutions at 1-800-531-8722. Thank you for your concern. - Rhonda