Highlighted
Contributor

I have been a member of USAA for close to 30 years. For most of that time, nobody could've been a bigger fan of USAA's customer service and responsiveness, in banking, insurance, services - everything. They didn't just tell me they valued me. They acted as though they valued me. Sadly, I find now that level of service to be in steep decline, even as USAA has raised its advertising and marketing level to unprecedented heights. If all that money were spent on customer service, I am quite sure I would not be writing. 

I never, ever used to be put on hold. As I write this, I have been waiting about forty minutes to make a change to a USAA Rewards travel trip. I am sorry. This is not acceptable.

In its pursuit of new customers and yes, more money, USAA has suffered a marked falloff  in what it historically has done best - take care of its members. Somebody in a position of authority should take a look at this, because what has historically been an unsurpassed, customer-friendly operation has become just another dollar-driven corporate entity.

It's really too bad, because I really believe as its core this is first-rate organization.

Valued member? You tell me.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello and thank you for sharing your concern regarding the extended hold time you are currently experiencing. We are truly sorry for the negative impact this has caused you in trying to make a change to your trip from your USAA Rewards Points. This is certainly not the service you expect from us and definitely not the type of service we want to provide. The representatives in our Rewards Department are available 365 days from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET if you decide to reach out to us again concerning your request. We will certainly forward your concerns to the appropriate department to support our commitment to improving the hold time for reaching our Rewards Department. Thank you! - Darrell

Highlighted

I too feel this way and have been a member for close to 49 years.  It is not being put on hold but USAA is not the same member owned and friendly service I have known. Yes, need to advertise and grow but the old members should come first.

I have had VERY few claims in the 49 years but am afraid to now as I fear my insurance will be canx or rates will go thru the window to support growth rather support members of many years

I own property like many military and retirees in Florida that USAA will not even insure.... what is insurance all about but to proect you when you need it?  

Service is not just phone calls but providing full service to MEMBERS first.

Highlighted

I appreciate you posting and providing feedback today Grateful2.  I don't want you to feel as though USAA would put advertising before its members.  This is just not the case.  I understand that you are a long time member, and I would like you to know that your membership is highly valued and respected.  Also, our customer service shines when it comes to not only servicing your policies, but to claims service as well.  If you are in need to make a claim, please feel free to do so. 

We are always here as you may require in your time of need.  To make a claim, or for immediate assistance, please contact us by dialing 1-800-531-8722.  I also would like to state that USAA has opened a lot more acceptability of policies in Florida.  I would love for you to contact us for a quote on this as well.  I myself love Florida, and I can see why you would want to live or vacation there.  Such a beautiful place!  Thank you for your service and membership with USAA sir.  Please have a fantastic weekend.  Respectfully  -  Justin