Highlighted
Saldad98
Contributor
Can you please post a statement, stating that you will assist members that might be affected by the gov if they don't reach an agreement by the 15th? I just got off the phone with a rep and she stated USAA will help members with a paycheck. But I haven't seen anything in writing. Thank you so much. Love this institution.👍

9 REPLIES

Thank you for reaching out here in Community. We are following this issue very closely. Our government relations team is monitoring the DHS budget discussion from Washington, D.C., and we have a cross-functional team meeting every day to understand what's happening and how we might be able to help our members affected by it. We remain hopeful that Congress will find a solution, but in the event that does not happen, we will communicate how we can support our Coast Guard members affected by any disruption in pay. - Wendy

Let's clarify that while you will be helping the Coast Guard Branch of DHS.  You will not be assisting CBP, BP, ICE, SS and the remaining agencies that fall under DHS that are currently working to protect our Homeland without a paycheck.

Agreed. I called on Jan 3d to ask about assistance and was told DHS federal employees do not qualify for assistance...only Coast Guard military members. I am a retired military member that is now a federal employee. I'm VERY disappointed with USAA and their commitment to me after my 21 years of loyalty to them.

@ JDeck1 We understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees. We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. ~Suzy

Let's clarify that while you will be helping the Coast Guard Branch of DHS.  You will not be assisting CBP, BP, ICE, SS and the remaining agencies that fall under DHS and are currently working to protect our Homeland without a paycheck.

Why just the Coast Guard Wendy?!?! What about retired military members that are now federal employees? Navy Federal offered assistance immediately! I'm wondering about my 21 year commitment to USAA and why they are turning me away.
Good morning, last time we faced a govt shut down, we were told that usaa would work with us to help bridge the gaps....are there any plans in place for the DHS shutdown?

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today @Saldad98, we understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department's approach and each member's status, we've had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees. We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. Thank you. -Emily

I am also a DHS employee, according to the USAA representative I spoke to on January 3rd, USAA is not offering loan or paycheck assistance to Federal Employees. I'm very disappointed with their mindset that federal employees don't matter.