Built on Military Memberships but doesn't Support Military Abroad?

I'm a current USAA member and have tried a couple of times now to create a new account, failing both times because I live abroad.  I have an APO, AP address but USAA doesn't recognize that as a US address apparently.  They want me to give them a US address like, next of kin or something but for what reason?  If can give you any stupid US based address then what's the point of requiring one especially since the whole characteristic of USAA is "Military Life".  Well, I hate to break it to you USAA but 100's of thousands of people live the "Military Life" abroad and have USAA and would like to utilize all the services.  Literally one of the dumbest requirements an organization has ever enacted!

2 REPLIES

Hello @iamrokmusik. We apologize for any inconvenience. USAA is prohibited/restricted from opening new products, including a credit, deposit or consumer loan, when members are physically located outside the U.S. in certain foreign counties. I have forwarded your feedback regarding this. -Colleen

@ wrote:

Hello @. We apologize for any inconvenience. USAA is prohibited/restricted from opening new products, including a credit, deposit or consumer loan, when members are physically located outside the U.S. in certain foreign counties. I have forwarded your feedback regarding this. -Colleen

Can you please list which are the "certain foreign countries" to which this policy applies?