Highlighted

USAA Military Affairs Team

USAA Military Affairs Team

Stand United's avatar User  Stand United  (Opens a pop up layer) Esteemed Contributor

Dear USAA Customer Service Rep,

On the USAA Main Website I noticed there is a USAA "Military Affairs Team" who allow USAA to "better connect with and support our military members".

I pasted the info on this team below but there is nothing in the narrative that explains how to actually "connect" with them. I, along with a few thousand other USAA Military Members, would really like to have some "connection time" with this crew.

So please first make contact with them, tell each one of them to crawl out from whatever rock they've been hiding under for the past year, then explain to them how to log on to this community forum so they can see what the USAA military members they are suppose to be "connecting with" and "supporting" are actually saying, then please reply back to this post and let us know how to "connect" with them. Email would be fine. I'm really looking forward to this.

Airborne,
Stand United

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Military Affairs Team

At USAA, we are passionate advocates for military members and their families. The same core values that guide our military inspire USAA employees to go above and beyond for our members each and every day.
So it should come as no surprise that our members and employees share a strong and lifelong bond based on the military experiences and values we have in common. At USAA, we understand that bond better than anyone else. We have built a team of military leaders who deepen and strengthen that bond day in and day out. USAA's Military Affairs team is comprised of retired officers and senior noncommissioned officers who dedicate themselves as advocates for those who are currently serving in our military, all those who have honorably served in the past and their families.
This team of professionals represents each of their services as well as the nation's Guard and Reserve forces and are responsible for creating and sustaining relationships between USAA, our strategic partners, military leaders and military-related organizations so USAA can engage, serve and advocate for the military community. They know what it means to serve so USAA can better connect with and support our military members.

John Bird
Vice Admiral, US Navy (Retired)
Senior Vice President, Military Affairs

Charles (Mac) McLaurin
Chief Master Sergeant, USAF (Retired)
Executive Director, Military Affairs

Mike Kelly
Major, USAF (Retired)
Assistant Vice President, Military Advocacy

Fred Dufault
Lieutenant Colonel, US Army (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director (ROTC)

Rusty Prewitt-Campbell
Lieutenant Colonel, US Army (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director (Service Academies)

Eric Benken
Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force * Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director (Air Force)

Greg Pratt
Force Master Chief, US Navy (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director (Sea Services)

Bob Winzenried
Command Sergeant Major, US Army (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director (Army)

Dick Smith
Command Chief Master Sergeant #9, Air National Guard (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director (National Guard/Reserve)

Jim Dickie
Command Sergeant Major, US Army (Retired)
Director, Military Affairs Field Operations (Western Region & Hawaii)

Pattie Parrish
Senior Master Sergeant, USAF (Retired)
Director, Military Affairs Field Operations (Southeast Region)

Brad Sargent
Master Chief Petty Officer, USN (Retired)
Director, Military Affairs Field Operations (Northeast Region)

Audrey Thompson
Chief Master Sergeant, USAF (Retired)
Director, Military Affairs Field Operations (Central Region)

John DiPiero
Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director, Military Advocacy (Veterans Engagement & Hiring)

Maggie Hahn
Senior Military Spouse
Military Affairs Relationship Director, Military Advocacy (Spouses & Families)

Joseph Montanaro
Lieutenant Colonel, US Army Reserve (Retired)
Military Affairs Relationship Director, Military Advocacy (Financial Readiness)

Jeff Ludwick
Major, US Army (Retired)
Military Affairs Advisor

Re: USAA Military Affairs Team

Stand United's avatar User  Stand United  (Opens a pop up layer) Esteemed Contributor

Dear Customer Service Rep,

You can tell this USAA Military Affairs Team to prep themselves with this small selection of comments below from the members they are suppose to be supporting then let us know how to "connect" with them.

Today I just had to say goodbye to my old friend just below "Disappointed77" who just left USAA after 25 years so I'm ready for some "connection time".

Thank You Very Much,
Stand United

Disappointed77
11-13-2017 03:36 PM
This will be my last post to this board.  I would like to thank "Stand United" and all the others who have made tremendous effort to try to make USAA realize their NFL sponsorship is disgraceful to America and our veterans.
I am doing what I promised, as I feel this is the only vote I have, and moving my business elsewhere.  Already changed insurance and have opened up a different bank account.  I'm gone!
I thought I would never leave USAA as I have been the poster boy for these guys for almost 25 years.  Sadly, they are now like any other corporate America organization.  I wish they would stop saying that they represent the military, because they really don't.

1Forrest
USAA no longer supports or represents military personnel or veterans so please stop with the false advertising.   

Patriotism
11-13-2017 06:08 AM
Was already so disappointed in USAA over their love for the NFL and lack of support for us that served. Then I get an email over Veterans Day talking about service. USAA you can't have it both ways. The pro military stuff you send out adds insult to injury.

Chief MAA
11-13-2017 06:30 AM
They lie lie lie. USAA is a scam against Military, taking advantage of Military and Veterans.

DrNASA
With respect to USAA's sponsorship of the NFL and USAA leadership's refusal to listen to or acknowledge the voice of its members - we will be requesting through our US congressional representatives that USAA not be given privileged access to members of the military or the military academies, ROTC or military training schools or US military bases to find new members among the United States military venues. Such access by an organization that encourages public humiliation, dishonor and disrespect to our Armed Forces is unacceptable and they should not have unique access to our armed service members to find a new business and then to distribute that financial resource to activities such as the NFL.

Leaving for another
11-10-2017 03:39 PM
And I believe the right thing to do is leave USAA. I just cancelled 7 accounts, 33 years of trust down the drain. Hello NFCU and new insurance company, goodbye USAA. The first 25 years were great. That last 10 years or so USAA has nose dived. They are pushing on the stick and adding power with this NFL debacle. Good riddance USAA. One more account to go, and I wish USAA all the worst the future can bring. FIRE YOUR CEO, BRING BACK GENERAL ROBLES

Sgt Bo
11-10-2017 04:03 PM
Total BS from USAA. USAA should have been the first company to leave the NFL.. no questions asked.. instead, we get a bunch of bunk from these guys.. I have closed several accounts and in the process of unwinding more.. time to go and it is a shame..

jimmyb84
11-10-2017 04:41 PM
This response indicates how stupid they think we are. First off, you do not sponsor a company that openly disrespects military members because you want to show appreciation to the military. This sponsorship is and always has been about increasing the member base, it is about MONEY, not MEMBERS OR THE MILITARY so please stop.

Not the Same Bank
11-10-2017 05:10 PM
Unfortunately it was the type of answer I expected from what has truly become a slimy company.  We moved both our banking and insurance today.  We will leave the checking open until all of the direct deposits have successfully transferred, 31+ years and out the door.  Good Riddance!

Patriot-90
11-13-2017 08:39 PM
I am leaving as well. It is ridiculous the board of USAA has sold out it's member-owners to support a hatred of the USA.
I'm out, after 27 years.
Hope you guys go out of business or at least fire whoever made these changes... maybe hire Bergdahl as your PR person? it would be an improvement as to your current stance, at least he admitted guilt.

StGeoJoe
11-11-2017 11:15 AM
A few weeks back I wrote the CEO outlining my issues with USAA and how I was questioning my continued involvement with and organization that had in my opinion deviated from its core values.  I like you received the same form letter, which failed to address my issue with the continued support of the NFL by USAA.  Due to the lack of response from the management team I began to investigate other organizations and the products they had to offer.  This week after 31 years I to began to withdraw and close my accounts.  I feel both sadness and pride.  Sadness that I will be leaving a once great organization.  Pride in standing by the principals of duty, honor and country.  On this veterans day I wish all my fellow veterans the best and sincerely thank them for their service and pride in our great nation.

HarrisSmith
11-10-2017 05:43 PM
Fire the CEO and the Board of Directors Already.

SONBIRD
11-13-2017 05:13 AM
The NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily just for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...
But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America, and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular group and its supporters (such as BLM, and other leftists...
That is who and what the NFL has shown itself to be. And USAA does NOT get the picture.
Honor our military, as too many of whom have come home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Ranger4life
11-13-2017 09:16 AM
I am cancelling my auto loan, credit cards are next. Every week that USAA continues to support the NFL during their disrespectful protests, I will move another account to Navy Federal, who seem to have a better grasp on what is important to the military. Maybe you have forgotten, loyalty is earned and respect matters, at least to us. Good luck with your new civilian clientele, I am sure they will care that you "know what it means to serve".....

Hoppy63
11-13-2017 01:48 PM
After 51 years with USAA, I am in the process of moving my policies away from USAA.  It is a bit of a hassle but once I got into the process, it went well.  If USAA wishes to continue sponsoring the NFL, they can do it without my help.  I am down to one policy and it will be gone by the end of the year.  Good bye.

dldffp
11-13-2017 01:28 PM
We are steadily continuing our systematic unwinding from companies sponsoring the NFL . This week we're opening an American Express with Navy Federal Credit Union and canceling our USAA VISA Rewards credit card (both USAA and VISA are NFL sponsors).  We will not allow our hard earned money to be funneled to any organization supporting utter contempt and blatant disrespect for our veterans and country.  

Period
11-13-2017 04:25 PM
I feel I have wasted my time and money by being part of an organization that does not respect its members opinion on matters like this and the response from USAA is just empty words after 50 years it’s time to move on.

eli1101's avatar User  eli1101  (Opens a pop up layer) Frequent Contributor

Dear Stand United (COL),

Sir, on 15 OCT I emailed this:

"15 OCT
To: stuart.parker@usaa.com
Cc: lester.lyles@usaa.com, john.abizaid@usaa.com, herman.bulls@usaa.com, eileen.collins@usaa.com, thomas.fargo@usaa.com, tracy.garrett@usaa.com, mary.landry@usaa.com, tracy.mckibben@usaa.com, gerald.murray@usaa.com, william.reed@usaa.com, mary.landry@usaa.com, robert.vanantwerp@usaa.com, john.young@usaa.com, robert.zortman@usaa.com

Dear Mr. Parker/USAA Board members,
As members, we are asked to vote from time to time.

Request a vote on NFL Sponsorship-Continue or Rescind.

I've heard the acronym "NFL" explained as: National Felons League and No Fans Left.

I've mailed (6) signed snail mail letters to USAA and five other advertisers of products that I buy, suggesting that whatever grievance that players may have, social media would be a proper way to get their message heard; sympathetic Hollywood and the music industry could help.

TARGET, Starbuck's and Kellogg's, (to name a few businesses) have felt the financial effects of trying to be political.

As a business, stick to selling goods or services, leave the politics to the politicians.

As a kid, I watched many NY Yankees games and I never recall politics being discussed, just the game.

The * NFL starting salary for zero years experience is $465,000 (source http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2017/ ).

As a retired E-7, I never made 1/10th of that, but realize everyday how lucky I am to be here in America.
The NFL is largely an overpaid bunch of millionaires who keep busy with criminal records and who are ignorant that customers pay their salaries.

I'll not be watching (via television or online-cut cable * or listening to any games (via terrestrial radio or online) and with Christmas coming, I won't be buying any NFL merchandise as gifts.

I hope USAA reconsiders advertising on a venue that openly hates Our Flag, veterans and America in general.

Very Disgusted at USAA's "invertebrate" manner and looking elsewhere to put my money$$.

Name
Member Number
USAA member since late two thousand and six (checking, savings, credit card, auto and renter's insurance)."

and no reply or "Mail Undeliverable".  

Also emailed CEO 27 & 28 SEP and no reply or "Mail Undeliverable".

Addendum, I have since canceled credit card, auto and renter's insurance. 

God Bless America.

Eli1101,

Thanks for hanging with me. We lost our good friend Disappointed77" but you and I will continue to defend our house.

Airborne

eli1101's avatar User  eli1101  (Opens a pop up layer) Frequent Contributor

Dear Stand United (COL),

Sir, I will be gone by the end of NOV or very early DEC.  I'm just waiting for my government payment to post.

While pricing car and renter's insurance, I mentioned why I planned to leave USAA and some agents said that they're hearing that through their industry (customers disgusted with USAA's corporate behavior).

Veteran's Day is over and USAA's BOD is still silent.  I have a saying that everyone wants my money, those who are nice to me get it.

When cancelling my VISA, I concluded the conversation with: "word of mouth advertising is the best, but is also the worst."

Sadly, this example will probably be taught in business school on how not to conduct "business".

God Bless America.

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up